FS - Pono RTSHC - Cedar/Rosewood Slot Head Tenor with Cutaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telperion

Reaction score
SOLD
Greetings everyone. I have a couple beautiful ukuleles that I am looking to sell. The first one up is a Pono RTSHC. This is an outstanding tenor with East Indian Rosewood sides and back, a cedar top, slotted headstock, and cutaway. The rosewood really has some nice figure, and the cutaway makes it look extra sharp. It was originally purchased by me from Hawaii Music Supply in late April of this year. It's only seen a couple of weeks of use and is in like new condition. There are no bumps are dings at all, and it is in the same condition as when I received it from HMS. It's currently strung with D'Addario J71's. No pickup was installed in this instrument. Also included in the sale is the original Oahu hardshell case that came with it. It's a very nice arch-top case and is in mint condition. I'll also throw in an Oasis uke humidifier too.

The reason I am selling this instrument is because it has one major problem - it has to compete for attention with my Moore Bettah. In other words, it does not get played at all. Please know that I am not speaking badly about the Pono, the Moore Bettah is just that good. The Pono still is a tremendous instrument, with great volume and projection. The cedar/rosewood combination sounds great, and the slotted headstock makes it look a bit like a mini classical guitar. Really a classy uke!

As far as price is concerned, I am really hoping to recover most of my investment, since it was so recently that it was purchased. I am asking $700 for this uke. That will include shipping within the CONUS, and I will cover paypal fees. I'm also amenable to local pickup, if the buyer is within a reasonable distance from me here in MA. The pricing on these has gone up significantly for 2012, and there is not another cedar topped one of these out there that I can find. HMS currently has a spruce top RTSHC listed for $899, as well as the maple version (MPTSHC) for $899, for comparison.

Thanks for looking and feel free to ask any questions. Pictures will be in two posts.

Pono RTSHC - Front.jpgPono RTSHC - 2.jpgPono RTSHC - 3.jpgPono RTSHC - Label.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds silly, but without the cutaway I'd be driving to pick it up right now.

Yeah, that's pretty silly. Lol. Just ribbing ya, friend.

Honestly, the cutaway is about $50 more when you buy a Pono, and it prevents scratches on the soundboard from fingernails in that most scratch prone part. How? No soundboard there.

Thanks for the input, coolkayaker1. I appreciate the vote of confidence for this uke. The cutaway was just something I wanted to check out. I thought it looked pretty sharp. I did end up really liking it, and the cutaway was not a factor in deciding to sell (except for the 'cutaway' in my wallet for overspending on ukes!).

Also, just to clarify, I am only looking to sell right now, and my price is firm. My goal right now is to reduce, so I'm not looking for trade. Thanks for everyone's interest!

Still for sale - Pono RTSHC

Well, the original sale didn't work out on this one, so it's back on the market. There were several other interested members who inquired about this through PM, but unfortunately, I deleted all my inbox messages to keep some space open and can't remember who you all were. Feel free to get back in touch. Thanks!

-Steve

That's an awesome ukulele! The tone is impeccable. Nothing beats cedar on hardwood, in this case rosewood. You've given almost a 25% price drop from new, and you say it's like new with case and all, and you're covering the shipping and Paypal fees. Sweet and generous. Some things in life are a "no-brainer", and this is one of them.

Hey, at least Eddie Vedder knows what you and I are speaking of, s. He plays this precise same model (as well as a Mya Moe and a Dasilva). He recorded many songs from Ukulele Songs CD on this ukulele.

If I didn't already own one (plus a maple Pono slotted head...lol), I'd jump on this faster than mustard on a hot dog.

Last edited:
sent you 2 PM's

thanks,
Teena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom