About Ukulele Player Magazine

Pippin

Reaction score
Hi Gang:

In case any of you are wondering what happened to me and when the next issue of Ukulele Player Magazine will hit the scene...

I have been terribly busy over the last several months (since February). I have been working six days a week on the day job and also spent a little time in the hospital. I had some medical tests that found a heart defect-- nothing life threatening-- but I have had to slow down a little bit and get genuine rest when I was able.

After this coming week, the pace on the day job will ease up a little bit and after August, it will return to normal and I can start working on issues with regularity.

I do have the next issue in the works with LOTS of reviews of CDs, six or seven of them, actually (and another Mark Nelson book). I have a review on a new Ohana uke (prototype). I will be trying to put together a few more issues before the end of the year.

I just wanted to let you all know that I haven't forgotten you. I haven't even had time to visit the boards hardly at all over the last six months.

Mickey

I can totally sympathize with that schedule. Am glad to hear you're getting some R&R, and that the pressure goes down soon.

Will look forward to seeing you back around!

I hope I speak for a lot of people, Mickey, when I say that we can certainly wait for the next issue. What really matters is that you are able to get some rest and get well.

Last edited:
Yep...take care of the ticker and the rest of your bod - it's the only one you get!

Yea Mickey, you need to take care of yourself first and foremost. I'm sure the readers will understand and sympathize with what's goin on. Get that much deserved R&R.

Get well soon. Your magazine is wonderful, but it can certainly wait until you are back on your feet -- though I, for one, will eagerly read the next issue.

I hope I speak for a lot of people, Mickey, when I say that we can certainly wait for the next issue. What really matters is that you are able to get some rest and get well.

Get well soon. Your magazine is wonderful, but it can certainly wait until you are back on your feet -- though I, for one, will eagerly read the next issue.

Ken and Staci said exactly what I wanted to say.

Take good care of yourself and don't get burned out on any uke related activities. We really appreciate all the effort that goes into an issue, so take your time and we will be here waiting to grab it when it's ready. The main thing is to work out a lifestyle that allows you to keep it going, even if it has to come out less frequently. We can wait. Hope things quiet down for you soon.

–Lori

Mickey - I really enjoy reading issues of your magazine but I wouldn't be able to enjoy them knowing they came at the expense of your health. Please take it easy and send out the next issue when it won't cause you stress.

Thanks for giving the community an update!

Nix

Take a well deserved break. The magazine can wait, and so can we. Thanks for all your hard work.

*daniel

Thanks for continuing Ukulele Player Magazine, I really enjoy it and was hoping to see more issues.
But, do take care of your health. And day jobs do take priority after that.

Thanks gang. Things are letting up nicely at work. Today, the pace was better than it has been since February. :)

I came home from work and cooled off a bit while reading. In a short bit, I plan to order a pizza and hit the bed early. By the weekend, I'll be working on the next issue at a good pace and hope to have it ready soon.

Aloha Mickey,
Hey get well first...no worries with the magazine, we can wait... your health is foremost man... I know it is hard to keep schedules and it is always alot of stress..Take Care Man....
Just said a prayer and hope you get better quickly...WHAT a pizza and heart issues??? Yeah I suppose it is comfort food and all that...Sending the coolest healing vibes and blessings
from Waikiki... maybe you need some rest and play some uke with me here.... Dr Stan...

Aloha Mickey,
Hey get well first...no worries with the magazine, we can wait... your health is foremost man... I know it is hard to keep schedules and it is always alot of stress..Take Care Man....
Just said a prayer and hope you get better quickly...WHAT a pizza and heart issues??? Yeah I suppose it is comfort food and all that...Sending the coolest healing vibes and blessings
from Waikiki... maybe you need some rest and play some uke with me here.... Dr Stan...

The arteries are clear, thanks to a glass of red wine every evening for many years. The heart valves are the issue. They pump well, but, they don't relax the way they are supposed to afterward. So... the blood pressure increases. The remedy is blood pressure meds and more rest and relaxation. Due to all the work on the day job, I had to slow way down at home and get some much needed rest. But now, the day job has let up quite a bit just this past week and I am starting to feel the energy levels picking up again. :)

I'll be working on the next issue some later today and tomorrow. I'll announce a release date soon.

As others have said, Mickey, please concentrate on yourself, we can wait for the next issue - and I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say that it will be worth the wait, also knowing that you are looking after yourself!

Take care and sending prayers and well wishes your way!

Joey

Top Bottom