Moku Ukulele... Any Thoughts?

musiccityuker

Reaction score
Had an opportunity to attend NAMM in Nashville this past weekend. Several different uke vendors there. Lanakai had, by far, the best display.

Was fairly impressed with a couple ukes I played and hoping for some feedback from others. I liked the Moku spruce top mahogany. Anyone familiar with Moku Uke out of San Francisco? AND... I didn't expect to be impressed with the bamboo Eddie Finn... but I was. First time I've had either a Moku or an Eddie Finn in my hands. Thoughts on either brand???

Had an opportunity to attend NAMM in Nashville this past weekend. Several different uke vendors there. Lanakai had, by far, the best display.

Was fairly impressed with a couple ukes I played and hoping for some feedback from others. I liked the Moku spruce top mahogany. Anyone familiar with Moku Uke out of San Francisco? AND... I didn't expect to be impressed with the bamboo Eddie Finn... but I was. First time I've had either a Moku or an Eddie Finn in my hands. Thoughts on either brand???

I think the craftsmanship and attention to detail of the Moku's is superb! And I love their sound as well.

I'd be very surprised if every single Uke' at a show such as this hasn't spent a considerable amount of time in the hands of an instrument tech'. I wouldn't trust any of the "cheap" Ukes to be representative samples.

Btw, in case anyone was thinking I was referring to the Ukes in the preceding thread (as a quick re-read seems to indicate), I meant any of the bread & butter sub $300 instruments like the Kala, Lanikai etc

I'd be very surprised if every single Uke' at a show such as this hasn't spent a considerable amount of time in the hands of an instrument tech'. I wouldn't trust any of the "cheap" Ukes to be representative samples.

Btw, in case anyone was thinking I was referring to the Ukes in the preceding thread (as a quick re-read seems to indicate), I meant any of the bread & butter sub $300 instruments like the Kala, Lanikai etc

Production ukes, all production ukes, are set up for the general masses so a little personal tweaking (set-up) is almost expected. I don't get your point. Do you think they "bait and switch"? Mike, from Moku is a stand up guy and I know that what musiccityuker saw and heard is what he/she will get.

I don't get your point. Do you think they "bait and switch"?

My point is, when you're talking about low end Ukes, the likelihood of a Lanikai, for example, at the show and the identical model at a GC being even remotely similar in terms of playability and/or intonation is slim to say the least.

Eddy Finn has improved their line for sure and I agree the bamboo sounded really good. They are using a new factory to produce their new instruments.
Moku are great ukuleles. They introduced their new series at NAMM so we now have the select and choice. Even the laminate mahogany was excellent! I think Moku is an excellent choice. We brought back the lot of the new mahogany series.

Top Bottom