50 years old today and UPS brought my present at 12:14 pm

Caught2

Reaction score
The UPS person delivered my birthday present today. An Iriguchi ukulele. I decided 50 was a milestone birthday and so I asked Dave Iriguchi to build one of his ukes for me. The process took about 6 weeks. Dave's signature ukes have a "keystone" shape, similar to a pineapple. My tenor is all maple. The top and back are blonde curly maple, the sides are birdseye maple, and the neck is maple too. The body is built slightly shallow, not nearly as thin as a Kala travel uke. So far I am pleased with my present! A photo abulm can be seen here.

Hey, congrats on both your milestone and your new toy!

Happy Birthday!!!! What a great present!!!

Congrats on the lovely new uke and Happy Birthday! Today is my Mom's 70th. :)

So delicate-looking. Just beautiful.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Congratulations! Very unique style. Happy Birthday!

What a great idea to treat yourself to something special for your 50th. It will be a very special uke for you. That wood is sensational!

Happy Birthday and congrats on the new uke! It's gorgeous. :D

Happy Birthday...she's beautiful. Gee, I hit 50 next year. Now you've got me thinking.......:drool:

Happy Birthday and congratulations. I am waiting to find my perfect curley or flamed or ???? spectacular maple uke. I'd love to hear this one.

Happy birthday and congrats on the new Uke. Give us a review once the smile wears off!

Happy birthday and congrats on the great uke (need to see some pictures though or it didn't really happen.. :) ).

Dave's Ukes are incredible- congratulations, Happy Birthday, and here's to fifty years of playing it

Congrats and happy birthday!

That is one pretty uke. I dig the sound hole.

Late happy birthday and congratulations!

Top Bottom