Loprinzi Baritone Mahogany, K&K Twin Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmyers

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm selling my Loprinzi BM-B Baritone in solid Mahogany. It is equipped with a K&K Twin Spot passive pickup. It is in flawless condition as far as I can see, and is currently strung with Sourthcoast Linear strings. I purchased it in May from digeridoo on UU and it UUcase.jpgSides.jpgEND.jpgBack.jpghas #4257 on its tag.
I am asking $675. A made in Clearwater Florida and their work compares to some of the best guitar/ukulele makers in the USA.
This uke is an awesome player and I am selling it because I just purchased a Mya Moe Baritone in solid mahohany that I can't put down.
thanks for you interest. Took these pics last month so the date is June, but nothing has changed.
Bob Myers

Last edited:
This is a beautiful uke. Great full tone for someone looking for more of a guitar-like sound.

Actually with the Southcoast Linears ( all unwound) on it it plays just like a louder and deeper ukulele as it is still tuned GCEA, G being low G. All your fingerings remain the same as your smaller ukes.
Dirk Wormhoudt [southcoast@inbox.com] designed them that way.
Bob Myers

Bob,

What are the chances of you throwing this in the dryer and making it a tenor?

Great uke -- good luck with the sale.

with those Southcoast linear on it, it is a Super Tenor. I have them on my Gibson and out of all the strings I've tried on it , they sound the best.

with those Southcoast linear on it, it is a Super Tenor. I have them on my Gibson and out of all the strings I've tried on it , they sound the best.

Hey! That's some clever marketing right there. Well played, strumsilly. Well played.

Someone PLEASE buy this. It is seriously messing with my BAS and there isn't enough money in the kitty for it right now! Darn!

:drool: :iwant: :drool:

Why? When by a simple change of strings to the "Southcoast Heavy Gauge Ukulele Strings - high reentrant" , you can tune it to a fantastic G and play it as a little guitar.
I have 7 ukuleles and every one is strung with Southcoasts, all different sets and I can't find one that didn't make all seven sound better than the highly rated Worths, D'Addario, Fremonts and Aquilas I've tried in the past.
Dirk has two new medium strings one is a soft- light- medium which replaced Fremont blacks on my Collings Tenor tuned C reentrant. The second is just a light- medium which is on my Mya Moe Koa Tenor tuned C reentrant replacing Worth clears. Bot sets are non-wound, all strings. My opinion is both ukes sound clearer and more satisfying and the string tension, when tuned, is even across the board.
One more set I need to mention is the Flat wound linear with two wound strings. I put these on my Compass Rose Sycamore Cedar Tenor tuned C low G. Wow is all I can say you need to try them to believe them.
Anyhow Dirk has a knowledge of strings like no other. I'm totally sold.
Sorry for running on,
Bob Myers

Bob,

I couldn't agree with you more about Southcoast strings and Dirk's expertise and general good nature. I used to preach Worths, but I am converted. Have two sets of "softs" en route now.

Good luck with the sale -- I wish I was more comfortable with the baritone scale.

Cheers.

Havn't heard a baritone size LoPrinzi, but I'll bet you'd have a hell of a time fnding a baritone tha sounds this good for hundreds of dollars more. The larger the instrument, the more the LoPrinzi magic kicks in. I'd love to hear it to see if I'm right.

I couldn't agree more. I have Southcoast Linears on ten of my Baritones and these are the only strings that I use when I perform. I also loaded them on my Compass Rose Sycamore Tenor and it sounds wonderful. And finally, I have a custom baritone being built and you can guess what strings I'm having loaded.

Dirk knows his string formulations and his expertise is first rate.

I imagine that LoPrinzi sounds fantastic.

Bob, I just had a $700+ root canal and core build up on Wednesday. Darn! I still want this bari and am trying to figure out how to pay for it without "paying for it" at home.

Thank you so much Bob. Money has been sent. Woo Hoo! I am so PSYCHED!!! Be watching for some great deals on two baritones who will need new homes so I won't. Hmm, decisions, decisions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom