That's the way love goes

TCK

Reaction score
Here we go- old country tune for y'all. I learned it from Iris Dement (who plays it at the end of every concert-at least every one I have ever seen), but it was written by Lefty Frizzell and made famous by Merle Haggard. In any event- I am annoying the heck out of the folks over at Season 22 of the Ukulele

So there it is-
Dave

yes. Loved this one Dave. So many tunes to wallow in this week, I really have no idea where to start...maybe we better just do all of em eh mate :) I'm thinkin Jimmy at the moment but a tad concerned about the yodelling thing :uhoh:

Fantastic Dave! Where do you guys find this music, and do you figure out the arrangements yourself? Good stuff. I always enjoy your vids.

Nice one, man! I adore Iris DeMent.

Thanks folks! I always have fun playing for you folks- thanks for the encouragement!
@Rox- Most of the songs I play are ones I have in my music collection. Some of them I have to figure out by finding the chords online (like lead sheets), some I just play along with itunes and figure out. The beauty of old country tunes is that they are seldom more than three chords :)

Hey, man, I like your rendition. Great job. And I like when new players, especially ukulele players, put there own twist on an old classic. For those that don't know the original that Dave "owned" on the uke, it's here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUOkg4jFNus

(P.S. It's nice to have a famous backup dancer like at 2:19 min in this video. But, hey, your wife wasn't home yet, so next time. lol Cool vid, TCK)

Last edited:
Freaking hilarious kayaker...I will fling myself headlong into making janet's tune a uke reality very shortly. However, I will cautiously avoid the wardrobe malfunction.
The real song I learned this tune from is here for those interested. Course it was written by Lefty Frizzell and done by Merle Haggard long before iris did it...but.... It is beautiful. Stunningly beautiful, and if you see it live, will will surely want today it too. Way better than I could ever play it, but I will sing it with her next time I see her.
Hey, man, I like your rendition. Great job. And I like when new players, especially ukulele players, put there own twist on an old classic. For those that don't know the original that Dave "owned" on the uke, it's here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUOkg4jFNus

(P.S. It's nice to have a famous backup dancer like at 2:19 min in this video. But, hey, your wife wasn't home yet, so next time. lol Cool vid, TCK)

Last edited:
Dave,

Great job on this. Really love your rendition. Oh, and the shirt is perfect...

Awesome man! Just to let you know, my daughter Raeden watched along with me and danced and laughed!

Dave. Thanks for bringing back a song I use to love but forgot.
that's a classic but life and years pushed it to the back of my bus. Thanks for bringing it back up front.

I'll try to add that one to my list.

Glad you liked it- yeah, that song is pretty powerful. Please post a video response when you play it, as I would love to see it done by others
Dave. Thanks for bringing back a song I use to love but forgot.
that's a classic but life and years pushed it to the back of my bus. Thanks for bringing it back up front.

I'll try to add that one to my list.

Glad you liked it- yeah, that song is pretty powerful. Please post a video response when you play it, as I would love to see it done by others

I'd love to but my computer is so old they don't make webcams for it, I have one of the first iPads without a camera and my phone is as dumb as the owner. Maybe some day.

Top Bottom