Nights in White Satin

Nice job on this one, Jim - always amazed by how well you pull of the playing on these ambitious arrangements - you really get a lot of the feel of the original tune in there with some nice playing..... tune is well suited to your voice, as well..... another good Moody Blues cover.....

Thanks a lot. My voice is doing battle again against its arch-foe, high G, on this one. It's hard to video the songs that go to high G every chorus because I can only get one or two takes in a session, I can't keep repeating it. As soon as I get out of my head voice/fail to sing from the diaphragm and squonk one of those high notes, I strain my voice enough that I can't get back up to the note again in that recording session.

Anyway, I've got one more Moodies song that I got done for my friend's birthday on Thursday, that'll be a pretty obscure song.

Last edited:
I wasn't sure about this with the uke given the original, but you've pulled it off really well and captured a lot of the feel of the original.

Very nice solo in the middle which worked really well.

I try to avoid high G. I can manage it when I'm singing in the choir but solo it's a real problem. I get anxious and tighten up, as a result I go flat.

Nice job on this one, Jim - always amazed by how well you pull of the playing on these ambitious arrangements - you really get a lot of the feel of the original tune in there with some nice playing..... tune is well suited to your voice, as well..... another good Moody Blues cover.....

:agree: Weel done!

Top Bottom