Mozart for Ukulele Quartet: Eine Kleine Nachtmusik

pulelehua

Reaction score
My arrangement of Eine Kleine Nachtmusik for ukulele quartet ought to be up on my website in the next few days. Just a few edits to do. Some misplaced notes. A few stems chopped off accidentally.

It's 124 pages of music! Well, 121, I think, title page and other detritus aside. I've arranged all 4 movements. It's my first serious arrangement, and was sort of a labour of love. The real chore, which I hadn't foreseen, was checking through all the tab to make sure my fingering choices were what I wanted them to be. And I've written out all the ornaments, mainly for people who would have no idea what to do with a trill or a turn.

The other thing, of course, was getting an ensemble with a 5 octave range to fit neatly onto a ukulele (all ensemble players are high-G, with the top two parts needing 15 frets). But that was the fun bit, really.

Anyhoo, just wanted to give a heads up as some people have been asking about it. Cost will be £5.

Watch this space!

(I usually try to simultaneously release recordings, but that isn't going to happen in this case. I'm less worried, as it's quite easy to get a hold of a recording. My version sounds reasonably similar. The only real changes are in register with parts moving up to fit the narrower range. I'll try a recording before Christmas. We'll see. Studio time at school will be tight.)

Thanks for your time and continued encouragement :),

John

Arg. Was all set to get it up and running, after making a few corrections to the PDF. Everything all set. Only just realised I brought home the wrong file.

Tomorrow and tomorow and tomorow...

I will keep an eye out for it. Sounds interesting!

–Lori

Mozart is go!

www.ukulele101.co.uk

It's at the bottom, under ARRANGEMENTS.

Oh, it's only 123 pages. I lied.

I'll be putting together a sound file of some sort soon. MIDI or m4a. Probably MIDI. Or 4 MIDI files, 1 per movement. A few people have used MIDI files to create different speed play alongs of my other works.

Anyhoo, comments welcome. Enjoy!

Thanks,

John

I've done the MIDI files, and will include those as a zipped file free of charge. It's just MIDI, so the quality isn't fantastic, but it gives an idea of what it should sound like, and some people can adapt that into their own software for soloing playback and changing tempos.

Top Bottom