What's your "party piece" ?

The Big Kahuna

Reaction score
What's your "party-piece" ?

This is prompted by something I posted in another thread, which took me back to my younger, guitar playing days, when everyone would have something impressive in their repertoire, for those occasions when it was necessary to impress a bunch of people (ok, I admit it...babes, not people).

Back then, it would probably be the tapping from Eruption by Van Halen, or something tasty by Randy Rhoads, perhaps "Dee".

So...you're at a party, someone happens to have a Uke' hanging on the wall as a decoration, by some small miracle it has a decent set of strings and is nicely set up.

What do you play to get the babe ? *

* Of course, if you're female, you can imagine Brad Pitt/Johnny Depp has just walked into the room.

Last edited:
Hmm, I'd like to see what other people answer, since my username is CasanovaGuy xD

Anyways, if I'm by myself, it would be Jake's version of Cyndi Lauper's Time After Time.
But if I'm with my friends (which I would prefer much, much more than playing by myself), it would be AJ Rafael's She Was Mine, Alicia Key's If I Ain't Got You, or Lateeya's Lullaby. Damn, them falsettos :O

lol what am I doing with my life, replying to this thread...

Duke Ellington's "The Mooche" linked to Django Reinhardt's "Tears" or Charlie Christian/Benny Goodman's "Airmail Special".

I'm old. It's Fly Me to the Moon.

The song I play when I want to show off is " Bye Bye Blues " . I wouldnt be able to play it if it werent for Matthew Richards exlnt tutorial on YouTube . Sometimes I can even play it without any mistakes. It is a great song for the ukulele .

I haven't had to deal with this situation in real life, but if I was at a gathering and someone asked me to play my ukulele and there was a woman there I wanted to impress, I might play "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow." It's not a complicated song or anything (although I can play it with several different strums), but I imagine that a woman might be impressed that a man would wonder about stuff like that.

How do I get the babe? I simply turn to my wife and say, "Whenever you want to leave, darling."

I got the babe 19 years ago, and I'm as happy as I can be about it.

Of course, the last time I was at a convention party surrounded by women, I played "Different Drum" as my opening piece... and then took requests for the next 2 hours.

-Kurt​

LOL, you guys kill me!

I just freeze like a deer in the headlights. One of the great failings or relying too much on sheet music, tabs, or fake books, is we often never memorize a song well enough to perform it without that crutch.

It's nothing impressive, but I usually play Ride Wit Me by Nelly. Usually gets the people goin' haha

Mine changes frequently, I usually have piece i've just mastered and because it's fresh that will be the thing i proudly play.

Currently it's an old calypso song, "Great dreams from heaven".

So...you're at a party, someone happens to have a Uke' hanging on the wall as a decoration, by some small miracle it has a decent set of strings and is nicely set up.
I have never found myself in that situation, and it's not a likely scenario for me.

But I would most likely play something classical, since that's what I play most anyway. :)

any cheesy ol love song out of Tin Pan Alley usually works on them 70+ yr old babes he he :)

Dream a Little Dream of Me.

Top Bottom