Non-Youtube Videos

are all the videos paid videos, or al are free videos, or are some free and some u have to pay?

are all the videos on youtube?

if you paid do you get some direct download links hosted on UU servers, not on Youtube?

you know, youtube is blocked in many countries.. like China.. as a Hawaiian Expat living in China, i cant see any videos on youtube.. so..

i was wondering if you had another way of viewing them, or if you could host them yourself, rather than hosting on youtube...

ok, sweet.. i managed to get around it for now anyway.. but the speed isnt so hot... i can see the videos though, thats the main thing... direct links would be way better

ok, so i see alot of them are free.. are some paid? what is the pay stuff at the bottom for?

thanks

ok, sweet.. i managed to get around it for now anyway.. but the speed isnt so hot... i can see the videos though, thats the main thing... direct links would be way better

ok, so i see alot of them are free.. are some paid? what is the pay stuff at the bottom for?

thanks

You're behind the Great Firewall of China. Working around it tends to slow things down. I've never used the paid VPN services, but if they offer better connection speeds and you plan on watching a lot of videos online, it might be worth it.

How does one use Vimeo? Is that free to post vids?

How does one use Vimeo? Is that free to post vids?

Vimeo is also free and works much like Youtube, but they have a 500MB weekly upload limit. I know Mike Lynch has been uploading his videos to Vimeo more frequently because he has fewer issues with them being taken down like he had on Youtube.

http://vimeo.com/help/faq/general_vimeo_questions

I think Vimeo is also blocked in China, though.

true dat. so is blogspot, wordpress, and anything else where a photo or video or blog might get out from within China and be circled around..

actually, in a country of 1.6 billion people, most of whom can snap into radical knife-wielding nutter at the drop of the hat, its really the only way the government retains power.. Chinese are naturally warring & rebellious in super large numbers when they see a perceived injustice.. without the great firewall i'm certain there would already have been a revolution and a regime change..

speed depends on the service, and the popularity of the service, number of users, and speed of servers etc.. i think i'm ok for the time being, wwith this free one.. not super, but not bad either.. thanks

Top Bottom