LANIKAI MODEL LK-1SC Super Concert Hand Made Solid Koa

girevikdavid

Reaction score
*****SOLD*****

I bought this beautiful instrument several months ago and have totally enjoyed playing it. Severe illness in my family and resultant financial crisis is demanding that I sell most of my ukulele collection. In fact, I will be able to keep only one. I don't need to elaborate as to how difficult this is as each one of my instruments is in flawless condition and met my pretty demanding criteria for sound and playability.

This a Hawaiian hand made super concert instrument with the most stunning grain configuration imaginable. It is superbly playable and has a beautiful mellow tone that you can only get with aged koa plus the advantage of a longer scale length to facilitate fingering.

When I purchased the instrument I noted a tiny crack in the grain configuration on the face above the bridge. It was expertly repaired by Charlie Longstreth of McKenzie River Music, Eugene, OR. Charlie is regarded as one of the top luthiers in the Pacific Northwest. I have included a close up photo to show that it is now basically invisible and structurally stronger than had there been no crack.

It comes with a new hard shell case. I paid $800.00 and will sell it for $600.00 shipping included.

BTW, this instrument is several years old and a pretty exhaustive internet search revealed that it is no longer available.

If you are interested, please email me at girevikdavid@gmail.com or call 541-514-6521 for any questions.

Attachments

• DSC00420.jpg
    DSC00420.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC00421.jpg
    DSC00421.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC00422.jpg
    DSC00422.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC00423.jpg
    DSC00423.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
I believe these were made for Lanikai by Joseph Souza of Kanile'a Ukulele, so it's a Kanile'a with a lanikai label. that's some pretty striped koa, good luck with the sale.

I must say you are a model and an inspiration to be sacrificing your collection for your family. I am lifting you and your loved ones in prayer right now.

Mike

Top Bottom