Spot the Martin

Timbuck

Reaction score
The family just had a bit a musical evening..this is a pic of the aftermath....One of the ukes is a genuine Martin all the rest ain't.
ukuleles-jpg.jpg

The one in the foreground is the original Martin - the rest are 100% original Ken Timms. Close?

I agree with GMoney....the little guy in the foreground is the Martin. The concert/tenor in the back is out. The soprano just below that to the viewer's left has way too much figure to the wood to be a Martin. Even the koa Martin used tended to be a smooth, even color, may have had curl, but not the dramatic differences in color. The ukulele in the middle of the picture looks a little red, and those tuners are awfully shiny to be a vintage ukulele......so I'm going with the little guy at the bottom of the picture.

I'm thinking Ken is going to say that none are Martins but I'll go along with Ryan and Gmoney. Its the one in the forground.

the foreground...the colour of the old wood gives it away :)

The one in the foreground. As Jon said the color, also the tuners.

Impossible to tell, but I'll guess the front one at the bottom of the picture.

the one at the back is the only one with a different nut, and bridge, it just doesn't look like what one expects a martin to look like.....

CLiff

I spotted the Martin up front like everyone else right away, it's that dull old mundane brown. The Timms are all stunners, ya can't hide that. ;) I'm thinking it's a trick question though....

PS: Is the concert available for sale??

Thanks for asking that question, Teek. It may be a tenor, though. I can't see too well, but it looks to have a 14th-fret join. Anyway, it's stunning. Maybe Ken will do a raffle for it. I'd love to hear it, Ken. The sopranos sound fantastic.

I spotted the Martin up front like everyone else right away, it's that dull old mundane brown. The Timms are all stunners, ya can't hide that. ;) I'm thinking it's a trick question though....

PS: Is the concert available for sale??

Yep! you're all right it is the dull brown one at the front:bowdown:....You all should go out more often and get away from ukulele's now and again.;)

"Dull brown one" - bet there's nothing dull about the sound of that Martin! :) Looks like a fun time was had by all though.

Gee ... and here I thought Martin was the guy who passed out from all the drinking and was snoring under the table ...

It was obviously the one in front. The finish and color doesn't look as good as your ukes

Top Bottom