Ohana TK-35G New But Improved!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukumanmike

Reaction score
Brand New Ohana TK-35G All Solid Mahogany Tenor Uke with Case

Up for sale is my brand new Ohana TK-35G all solid mahogany tenor uke with case as shown in the photos.

I’ve had it for a few months, played it a bit to see that it looks and sounds awesome and plays wonderfully. It’s in perfect brand new condition with not a single scratch or ding. The only thing I’ve done is improve it vastly by installing some top of the line Grover Vintage geared tuners. The other tuners were probably fine but I felt that as well as this uke seems to be made, the only thing needed to put it in a higher class was to give it new tuners. This elevates a great beginner/intermediate uke into a category as one I’d be proud to keep in my collection, and you will be too—a big part of me wants to keep it since it looks and sounds so good. Not to mention a few signatures....

I guess the other improvement is I got it signed on the back by a couple of ukulele giants, giving this humble uke way more mojo than I deserve....;). Signed by our favorite Aldine Guerrero and Jake Shimabukuro at our Denver Ukefest this May.

The only reason I’m selling is I just bought another tenor uke from a fellow UU-er on this Marketplace before this Ohana came in, and now I may not be able to justify both to my “spousal unit”, especially with a daughter to marry off next month….but that’s another story.

If you’ve followed these, they have a reputation for being about the best bang for the buck you can get in an all solid instrument. Excellent value. I’m including a link to Ken Middleton’s review in case you want to check it out, and another review from UkeHunt:

http://www.tenorukulele.org/tenor-ukulele/ohana-tk-35g-tenor-ukulele-review-by-ken-middleton

http://ukulelehunt.com/2009/02/18/ohana-tenor-ukulele-tk-35g-review/

$350 firm plus shipping.

I’m also a part time luthier so I could install strap button(s) and a passive piezo pickup installed at the right location inside to give the best acoustic tone. The action I feel is fine—I’m guessing it was set up at the shop I bought it from. However, I could include some further setup if you prefer the action to be a little lower. I’ll include the setup for free and the rest at a very modest price we can discuss. Feel free to hit me with any questions. I think you will be pleased.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG