PDA

View Full Version : Ever had one of those days ?

The Big Kahuna
07-20-2012, 06:26 AM
Tried umpteen* times to get beyond the second bar without screwing this up. This is the final attempt, where I thought I'd nailed it...only to be betrayed by my spastic fingers on the second to last chord. And a simple fecking G7 at that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXHDbV_Rme8

* An ancient English word, which pre-dates the Roman invasion and means "more than 5"

cheesegasuki
07-20-2012, 06:36 AM
Tried umpteen* times to get beyond the second bar without screwing this up. This is the final attempt, where I thought I'd nailed it...only to be betrayed by my spastic fingers on the second to last chord. And a simple fecking G7 at that!

* An ancient English word, which pre-dates the Roman invasion and means "more than 5"

I experience the same thing every time I try to fingerpick or record a video. Once I know the camera is recording, I suddenly start messing up the most basic chord transitions.

But your playing sounds great so far!

The Big Kahuna
07-20-2012, 06:37 AM
Oh, forgot to mention. The main reason I posted this video is to demonstrate something I mentioned in a "Strap: to wear or not to wear" type thread, where I alluded to a piece of music that I couldn't even remotely play with my Uke on my knee, but as soon as I fitted a strap, I could almost play it immediately.

The Big Kahuna
07-20-2012, 06:40 AM
I experience the same thing every time I try to fingerpick or record a video. Once I know the camera is recording, I suddenly start messing up the most basic chord transitions.

But your playing sounds great so far!

Thanks. I still have all the outtakes, which will probably make their way into a Blooper Reel on the Bonus Disk which will come with my triumphant Madison Square Gardens concert DVD (available from the $1.99 bin, just by the checkout at all major supermarkets)

OldePhart
07-20-2012, 06:45 AM

England's been invaded again?! Oh...that's not an invasion, just the Olympics...

steve.d
07-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Don't sound too shabby to me, more chords in that than you'd find in an M&S sale. Feel your pain right at the end though, frustrating as hell isn't it when the fingers decides the brains talking crap.

Have we the Olympics, can't say i've noticed!:p

Freeda
07-20-2012, 12:06 PM
Haha! But sometimes you just get in the zone and it all flows.... Focus on those moments!

1931jim
07-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Who wood 'av thunk it. Ukulele Strumming became an Olympic Sport.!!

G Hill
07-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Sounding good dude.
There is always one chord waiting to p~#s you off :mad:
Don't worry about it.
cheers
Gary

UkuEroll
07-23-2012, 01:25 AM
I've been waiting for you to post a video! you did a good job, I loved the last second when you gave the uke the finger. I have the exact same problem, that's why I've only ever posted 2 vids in 4 years. So now I'm resolved to post some warts and all.

CasanovaGuy
07-23-2012, 08:25 PM
oh my goodness I hate it when that happens aikzknxjdew

damn that camera, always staring into my soul and waiting for me to mess up...