Me and Mel playing our Ukuleles

TCK

Reaction score
We have been bugging the heck out of the folks over at the 22nd season of the Ukulele, but it occurred to me that only Seasonista's see the videos.
Then it occurred to me that we all ought to be seasonista's...these really are more fun than the Fair (such a bumpkin).
In any event, I made a few videos with my favorite Ukulele player and I figured I wanted all my friends to see them. Last minute, right before bed, and this is the first time we ever played this song...but to me it is the best video I have ever made. Y'all have been so nice about the worst ones, I figured I ought to post them. Warning- we play country music. We don't apologize for it, but we know it ain't for everyone.

Thank you all for your continued support of the best thing I have ever done in my life. So much joy in such a tiny package- go on and hug your uke folks:)

LOVED this! Put a big ol' grin on my face. It might be there awhile. :D :D :D

"Chug-a-Lug" is the title of a song written and recorded by American country music artist Roger Miller. The song reached #9 on the U.S. charts in 1964, becoming his second pop hit.

I had to look this one up. I listened to Dave and Mel and thought, "I grew up singing this song and Dave and Mel are my kids ages" I didn't realize it was a Roger Miller hit from 1964. In 1964 I was playing with Barbie Dolls. In 1969 I was singing Chug a lug with my friends while doing things my father would have been very unhappy about had he known.

I think this might be my favorite thing you've uploaded, as well, Dave..... this is hands down my favorite Roger Miller tune - though 'Little Green Apples' is a mighty close second.... this is just so sweet and fun - can't get enough of it.

Glad you all like it! Man did we have fun doing this one, and it really is, as sad as it seems, our song.
@Teek- always happy to cause someone to break out in grinning :)
@Rox- We aren't that far behind you, but we are old souls. Won't find much in our music collection that is younger than we are- we learned this tune respectively from our completely awesome sets of parents.
@Bill- It is definitely up there- I tried to do both "Nothing Will Stop Me Loving You" and "Do-Wacka-Do", but they both need more than ten minutes of practice :) Poor Mel walked through the room while I was Do Wacka doin and I just looked at her and said "grab your uke- you're learning a song". She was in

Top Bottom