23rd Season Of The Ukulele

ukuleledaddy

Reaction score
Seasons of the Ukulele Season 23
Starts- Sunday July 22nd, Ends Sunday July 29th.
This Weeks Theme
HOME SWEET HOME
My wife and I finally bought our first home. To celebrate I wanted to host a week in which the songs include the word Home or House. Or, to broaden the parameters, do a song about where you live or where you're from. Pretty much anything you think would fit the theme of Home Sweet Home is fair game.
PARAMETERS
Video must be one take - no overdubs. It must also be a new video.
The Ukulele must be the central instrument in your video though there may be other instruments as well.
State at the beginning of your video that it is for Season 23 of the Ukulele
Post your videos in this thread
Multiple versions of the same song are OK
You may enter as many times as you would like, but your final video is the one that is judged
JUDGING CRITERIA
Points will be awarded as follows:
Musicianship /15
Singing /15
Overall performance /10 passion/personality/creativity/je ne sais quoi.
Set and Costume /10
This allows for fifty points from each judge. Scores will be collated and averaged for final score.

*** BONUS POINTS
Perform a song with your family, roommates, and/or neighbors and you get +3

BONUS TRACKS
Bonus tracks are encouraged and welcomed, but will not count towards your point total.

JUDGING
Myself with several friends and family members.

PRIZES
I tried to upload a video highlighting this weeks prizes but my camera is not cooperating.

- A hard soprano case made by Guardian (it has its own hygrometer!)

- A Toucan Sam & The Fruitloops t-shirt (they're the ukulele band I perform from time to time)

- A print of mine from my photography days which I unearthed in our move.

The first place winner can choose which prize they want, followed by the second then the third.

DEADLINE: 11:59 PM HAWAII TIME, SUNDAY JULY 29th.

Have fun folks! And welcome home to the 23rd Season of the Ukulele!

PLAYLIST:[video]http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC820DC9316556400&feature=edit_ok[/video]

Bonus Track PLAYLIST: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5B70AB20BEAED050&feature=view_all

Last edited:
Thanks homie!
No bonus tracks?

Thanks homie!
No bonus tracks?

Thanks for catching that PeeWee. To quote 23Skidoo from this weeks current season: "Bonus tracks are encouraged and welcomed, but will not count towards your point total." I've updated the above info. Cheers.

Congrats on the new digs...hoping no one is upset when I break out the Risa for this week :)
Fantastic theme!

Cool Theme! I wish I started from the very beginning but it's better late than never!!

I am hoping this isn't my entry as I when I think of Home, I think of my family so I'm trying to get my wife to do a song with me.

I believe the rules are the last song counts!!!

Saw that omission in the original guidelines. You may regret saying this ;)
Thanks for catching that PeeWee. To quote 23Skidoo from this weeks current season: "Bonus tracks are encouraged and welcomed, but will not count towards your point total." I've updated the above info. Cheers.

thanks for taking the baton Daddy. I've got my song picked out and it sounds good on my new toy. a banjo uke. I'm[ going to visit family this week so maybe I can get my son-in law and granddaughter to sing and play along. the family that plays together...

I would like to post my favorite "sweet home" song... (but I have to find the members of the band back...)

One of the highlights of that movie and a great fit for this week!

thanks for taking the baton Daddy. I've got my song picked out and it sounds good on my new toy. a banjo uke. I'm[ going to visit family this week so maybe I can get my son-in law and granddaughter to sing and play along. the family that plays together...

I love it Strumsilly. Can't wait to hear that new axe of yours and I hope you can get your family to join in!

Cool Theme! I wish I started from the very beginning but it's better late than never!!

I am hoping this isn't my entry as I when I think of Home, I think of my family so I'm trying to get my wife to do a song with me.

Our first entry! Bringing out that sweet AM gold of the '70s. Bread had some wonderful songs. I grew up with that music. Sweetly played my man. I especially liked the into. Lovely. Thanks for jumping in!

If you'd rather it didn't count, call it a bonus track. Just let uke daddy know.

Nicely sung, Looking forward to your main offering.

Last edited:
Okay Dave...but I think you should do that one on the accordian...basically I'm going on the theory that it's a song that even the accordian can't ruin... LOL (JK of course).

John

Congrats on the new digs...hoping no one is upset when I break out the Risa for this week :)
Fantastic theme!

Way to open the season! Nicely done, sir!

Top Bottom