UncleElvis

CousinDerek

Reaction score
First time posting in a while because I just got back home from a cruise to the beautiful island of BERMUDA.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, and I highly doubt it, but I just wanted to express our (being my family and I) gratitude to fellow uke'r and forum member, UncleElvis. We happened to stumble up to a bar where Mike was doing a gig, and I couldn't begin to explain how excited I was to see someone else playing the ukulele. His playing was amazing and his jokes were even better, we went back to see him play every night because we enjoyed it so much. SO if you happen to read this UncleElvis I want you to know that watching you perform was the highlight of the family vacation, thanks.

FREE BIRD!

UncleElvis is a brilliant uke player, a wonderful human being, and one of the coolest, funniest, and all-around most bada§§ performers I've ever met in my life. I love being able to call him my friend :D Also, he gives great hugs.

Derek, you should catch his gig every June in Needmore Indiana at UWC.

And yes his hugs are good and nasty.

Uncle E dah man!

OMG! TWO THREADS!

You lot are going to make me cry!

I love y'all so much!

Cousin Derek is made of awesome, by the way, so everyone friend him and make him part of the family!
His family is AMAZING! Funny and fun, so insanely supportive of my nonsense and just... they're the bomb!

You HAVE to come to UWC, Derek! You'll love it!

Tina is, in fact, the real bomb and I'm going to make out with her face with my mouth.
Sally is filthy and I love her and I want a NASTY hug real soon!
Ol' Phart is, in fact, the only person in the world allowed to wake me up at 8am on a chilly June morning and ONLY if he says those magic words "Espresso's on!"

Actually, Kev, I'm gonna send you a FB message in a sec re: strings, etc. I'm thinking about messing around with line on my Baritone and wanted to chat witcha about various options.

There was a uke legend named Elvis
Some say he was non compos mentis
But with his fine jokes and singing
He'd send the ladies' heads swimming
And without even waggling his pelvis.

:)

How can I not say anything?

UE is the best - hilarious, spontaneous, and a great uker and overall performer to boot! I think there may even be taped evidence of the time at UWC where his magnetism actually made a woman pregnant from 30 feet away WITHOUT EVEN TOUCHING HER.

He's that good. And my friend. And I adore him.

Uncle Elvis has always been one of my heroes.

The blood just left my brain and I swooned. SWOONED, I tell you!

'Cuz you are MY hero, brother!

Seriously. You followed your dreams and are living a life that you want (or are, at least, doing a great job of faking it! *lol*). You're an inspiration to me and your example made it a heck of a lot easier to talk myself into following MY dream when I lost my job in December.

One day, I'm gonna shake your hand... and possibly put a large wad of cash in it for a custom!

Of course, if you're messing with me and are talking about the dude that used to write letters to the editor to the comics back in the late 70s/early 80s, then I admire you even more! *grin*

There was a uke legend named Elvis
Some say he was non compos mentis
But with his fine jokes and singing
He'd send the ladies' heads swimming
And without even waggling his pelvis.

:)

A limerick? For me? From Eugene Ukulele? And not a word of it untrue?

THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!

Seriously, though. Thanks.
You're an amazing performer and I admire and respect you more than you can know, so for the kind words, I... I don't have words. Thank you.

How can I not say anything?

UE is the best - hilarious, spontaneous, and a great uker and overall performer to boot! I think there may even be taped evidence of the time at UWC where his magnetism actually made a woman pregnant from 30 feet away WITHOUT EVEN TOUCHING HER.

He's that good. And my friend. And I adore him.

BARBY CARTS! Don't make me cry! I swear!

I am innocent of all charges! She fell onto it! Repeatedly!

I swear, I'm going to do a tour of the world just so I can hug all you amazing people.

Make an Uncle Elvis ukulele!

He may have an inkling, but I'm saying it right now...

One day, he will. Oh, yes. He will. Possibly two. (I like 8-strings, but I need something traditional from Mr. Moore, so... oh, lord... I just thought about the whole process of getting pair of Moore Bettah with Bermuda sand and Bermuda Cedar inlay and just swooned again!

Put me down as a UncleElvis fan too.

He was able to support my first time on stage.

No sharp objects near UE for a while. y'all are inflating his head and ego a bit. :biglaugh:
Love you Mike
Missed you at the Mighty MO. Need to figure out a way to get you to the states as a headliner/teacher at a fest.

I need to make it to UWC (or Bermuda?) sometime so I can get in on this world-famous hugging action. Keep on keepin' on Uncle E! Changing the world one tourist at a time with four strings and a dream! :)

Uncle Elvis is ten men, so there!

UE, I would love for you to try and incorporate "Somebody's baby" by jackson browne, I think the ladies will be swooning and it's super fun to play.

On a side note - I'm now in the market for a tenor with a pickup because I've been inspired by you brother and want to take my uke'ing into the streets of Charleston, SC (as you know, with somebody else singing for me of course) ;)

Thank you once again, truly inspiring, I haven't put down my uke since I met you

Yeah, well I shared a bed with UncleElvis so I win!
He is the bestest and and I am proud to call him my friend.
He *Rocks*!
:rock:

Top Bottom