FS: Kala Solid Mahogany Pocket Ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkedhunter

Reaction score
Final ukulele for sale, was putting this one off to maybe justify keeping it. hahaha

KALA Solid Mahogany Pocket Ukulele

WELL, This ukulele is no longer in production, and is kinda rare because of that. It is sopranino scale, and EXTREMELY bright sounding, despite being mahogany. It has a couple different options as far as tuning goes, but I typically do DGBE for ease of transposing.

The construction of this ukulele is very good minus two issues. 1) The seam at the bottom is somewhat not smooth (is still very solid.) 2) The fretboard MIGHT be attached at a very slight angle. This results in the frets not being perfectly perpendicular to the edge of the fretboard. This is something I've seen on every one of Kala's pocket ukes, even the stock photos. This leads me to believe it is a manufacturing quirk. The intonation is still acceptable though, as it is only 5-15 cents sharp at the 12th fret (which is really irrelevant, because fretting past the 7th requires much precision on this scale).

As far as cosmetic damage, there is a ding in the headstock, and that is all. =)

The mahogany on this uke is beautiful, and it quite a looker overall in a cute minimalistic sort of way. I honestly think the newer spruce/ laminate maples ones don't compare visually. Also, the sound this one produces is very unique, and perfect for adding a new tonal layer to a group or song.

Specs

-all solid mahogany
-arched back.
-16" total length
-11" scale length
-body is 7"long
-tuned DGBE or CFAD
-friction tuners with black buttons
-satin finish

Price

This ukulele was $180-190 new, and is no longer made. Now it sells for about $210+ new, much like the other pocket ukes.

I was hoping for $120 shipped to CONUS including soft case.

Thanks for you interest! Pm me with offer. ^.^

image-5.jpgimage-4.jpgimage-3.jpgimage-2.jpgimage-1.jpg[

Last edited:
beatiful little uke! PM SENT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom