FS: Pepe Ukulele Spruce Top, Brazilian Rosewood back and sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigeralum2001

Reaction score
For sale is a 2011 Tenor Pepe Ukulele that is extremely hard to find and is in high demand. The only reason I am selling is that I have two of these. This one is Spruce top, Brazilian Rosewood, back, sides, fingerboard and bridge. There are abalone fret markers at the 5th, 7th (two of them), and 10th frets. There are also single side position markers at these frets when played from the right-hand playing position. It is strung with high-G La Bella strings. It sounds like heaven, it truly does. Here are some recent reviews of Pepe Ukuleles:

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2012/07/04/226665_local-news.html
http://theukulelereview.com/2012/04/27/ukulele-the-new-guitar/

Here is a review of this exact uke: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...omero-Brazilian-Rosewood-and-Spruce-top-Tenor

I could go on and on about the great stuff, and it is all well-deserved and true. Here are the negative things: there are the lightest of strum marks on the top, that can only be seen in the right light and at the right angle. There is also the tiniest finish scratch on the back, about an inch long and the width of a hair- again only in the right light and at the right angle. These cannot be felt when rubbed. I will include pictures of these.

Comes with a hard shell case and Oasis humidifier. It has been kept humidified and in its case in a non-smoking home. Other than the issues mentioned, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this uke and nothing affects the sound or playability. I only went in depth about these issues because I want to disclose 100% and I want you to know everything.

These ukes retail for $2699 and there is a one year wait for them. I am asking $2300 shipped and insured to the Continental US. Since this is Brazilian Rosewood, and CITES applies, I will be unable to ship internationally. Several UU members have seen and played this uke, I'm happy to provide that information as a reference to a serious buyer. The only trade I would entertain is for a Moore Bettah.

Front.jpgPepe in case.jpgrwf Pepe front.jpgrwf Pepe back.jpgPepe twins 1.jpg

Last edited:
The "bad" pictures

It is very hard to capture the marks I referenced.
Strum Marks 2.jpgStrum Marks 1.jpgBack finish scratch.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, I know that ukulele source still has a few on order for 2300. 2600 is supposed to have a few new features like electronics that pepe says is worth 400.00
Are you really going to sell? I may have someone who is interested. Which tuners does the for sale have?

Having owned a similar Pepe Romero tenor for almost sixty minutes, I now feel that I can comment on this. Seriously, I just picked it up at the Post Office. It is the lightest uke I've ever held. Basically, it's everything you've heard about his ukulele's. Just a spectacular instrument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom