Ukulele case

Danukulele

Reaction score
Im looking for a good quality hard case for my concert uke, any suggestions?

Oahu case from HMS. Just got one for my Kanikea. Great case.

I bought one of the alligator looking cases from Uke Crazy. really like it so far. Also have one of their foam cases. I like it for it's lightness and ability to put music in the zippered pocket on top.

I keep one of my tenor ukuleles in a tweed hardcase from TheUkuleleMovement. Very good case, with some decent storage room. Also very good customer service over there, they answered all my questions very quickly.

They also have brown leather, pineapple cases, etc... Link to tweed.

EDIT: I also have a black Oahu one from HMS, nothing bad to say about that one either ;-)

Ko'olau cases made by Oahu. If you don't mind spending that much, go for it. I've read several complaints of one sort or another about some of the others. Cheaper hard cases including Musician's Choice clone (maybe a few others made by same company with different name) a substitute only if you don't have the money for a better case. Oahu's are awesome for the money.

I have tenor cases from Kala (Uke Crazy), Fremont (rectangular black) and O'ahu. Happy with all of them, although only the Kala case has d-rings for a shoulder strap.

The Kala I bought directly from Kala, the Fremont came from Elderly, and the O'ahu from HMS. Elderly is the only company I didn't speak to on the phone, but the prices were comparable for all three companies after shipping was taken into account. (Free from Elderly, HMS split the cost of shipping, because shipping a case from Hawaii isn't cheap!), and Kala has a reasonable shipping cost.

You may be able to get the Kala case locally for less money than by buying direct. I believe Elderly sells those, as well.

The next case I buy may be an Armitage - waiting for the next Elderly Case Sale.

-Kurt​

My Kala concert sits in a lovely black tweed design case from Uke Crazy. Gets lotsa compliments. I also have a black and red tiger striped gig bag for it, I take taht to work cause it's light. Gets losta stares, don't know who made it.

Tweedcase is very good for me and fit with my KoAloha KTM-00!!!!

Top Bottom