Acacia vs. Mahagony

tnfishdaddy

Reaction score
I am wanting to return to ukes after trading off a Pono tenor mahagony uke for a guitar I never learned to play. I am leaning towards another Pono. I really liked the one I had but I am wondering whether I might mix things up and try an acacia this time around. Anybody with experience with both types of wood care to chime in?

Pono KOA is the best & best looking. I have sopranos & concert in them

And I have a Tenor. If you can find one, snatch it up...they're the best values out there.

full fioish

I am wanting to return to ukes after trading off a Pono tenor mahagony uke for a guitar I never learned to play. I am leaning towards another Pono. I really liked the one I had but I am wondering whether I might mix things up and try an acacia this time around. Anybody with experience with both types of wood care to chime in?

I don't have experience w/mahogany ukes, only guitars. Wife an I bought two Kala, solid acacia, KA-ASAC-B bari's last Sept and are extremely happy with the tone, volume and sustain with D'addrios DGBE.

Don't mean to muddy the water but you might want to try both the Pono and Kala if you can. They they're a lotta bang for $.

Top Bottom