I've ordered my baritone

Ben_H

Reaction score
:D

One Pono mahogany baritone en route to Bedfordshire. Just waiting for delivery date confirmation so I can arrange working from home to greet it's arrival.

Pictures when it arrives.

Congrats....nice! A HUGE tone at a reasonable price...can't beat that. You will impress your "uke buddies."

You'll be pleased. You may wish to try some Living Water or Southcoast heavies for re-entrant tuning after you've enjoyed it with the standard Koolau strings. I have the same model and it's a fine instrument.

You'll be pleased. You may wish to try some Living Water or Southcoast heavies for re-entrant tuning after you've enjoyed it with the standard Koolau strings. I have the same model and it's a fine instrument.

I ordered the Living Water Strings before I ordered the baritone LOL! Got them on my two quality sopranos already. Great stuff and can't wait:drool:

Ben,

Great purchase. We play Pono ukuleles when we perform. Although I do play a Ko'olau CE-1 Baritone during the set, I mostly play a solid Mahogany Baritone. We use Southcoast Linears (GCEA) with a MiSi pickup through an L.R. Baggs Para-Acoustic DI. From there it's into a Soundcraft GigRac 600 and out to a pair of Behringer B208D Active Speakers.

Here is a video that we recently posted using this exact setup.

Congratulations on your new ukulele! I have a Pono solid mahogany baritone and I love it. it still has the original strings, but I just ordered some Living Water baritone strings and I'm also considering trying a Southcoast one octave lower GCEA set. By the way, I also have a Kamaka and Mya-Moe baritone and, frankly, my Pono holds its own with them.

By the way, I also have a Kamaka and Mya-Moe baritone and, frankly, my Pono holds its own with them.

Wow, that's some competition. I just now need to learn to play the thing well enough to do it justice.

On a slightly less happy note I've just logged into the parcel tracker and discovered it is apparently a 3 working day delivery which doesn't sound as good as the 48 hr delivery which the shop stated. I guess depending on your interpretation of 3 working days they could be the same but it's put a bit of a dampener on the evening that I might have to wait a whole extra day and not be available on Thursday to receive it :(

Congrats! I've had mine for about 5 months, and I like it a lot. I keep mine tuned to a low-GCEA with Southcoast strings & it produces a very nice sound (even though I am now lusting for a custom Bari).

Great Choice Ben! I have mine strung with the South coast Flatwound in the key of Bb. I had southcoast Linear non-wound (key of C -GCEA) on before that, and it sounded great with those as well. The only strings I haven't liked on it were the ones it came with.

Anyway, enjoy!

Just checked with parcel tracking this morning. At 01.42 GMT it passed within 10 miles of my house and now as of 06.55 it is sat in Wellinborough which is 16.3 miles away. I have suddenly experienced a spike in anticipation!

Oooh! 06.57 GMT, it's out for delivery. I'd better get through the bath quickly just in case.

Happy New Uke Day to Me, Happy New Uke Day to Me.....

And the best thing is? The wife and kids are going away to the Mother in laws today for a week. Plenty of time for me to get to know the Pono in peace and quiet. (Discounting dogs, chickens, <ahem>, work) :D

Top Bottom