Please help me Identify Ukuleles with 1.5 inch Nut Width

katysax

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Please help me Identify Ukes with 1.5" nut width.

Ones I know have 1.5" nut:

1. Kanilea
2. Kanilea islander

One's I think probably have a 1.5" nut width:

1. Fluke

One's I think have wide neck but not 1.5":

1. Ohana Wide Neck

One's I think might have a 1.5" nut:

1. Kiwaya (at least some of them) (I played a pineapple in a store and it didn't feel like it was 1.5".

I am particularly interested in the soprano and concert models with wider necks, and I'd like to know rather than speculate based upon various conjecture I've seen in these forums. Thanks.

Mya Moe offers the option to have a uke built with a 1 1/2" nut

Pohaku soprano and tenor.
Riggio tenor.

I was really hoping to find something that's in production and not as expensive as a custom uke. I've already got an Islander concert and a Kanilea concert and a Fluke. Preferably I was hoping for something in the no more than 2-300 dollar range with a wide neck. So far all that I can find that fits that description is the Islander. I love the Islander ukes, but I'd like to find a soprano with more bark than the Islander but a neck as wide as the Islander. The closest to what I'm looking for is the Fluke.

6 strings usually have a 1.5" wide nut...at least the Kalas and Lanikai's do, probably that Oscar 6 string as well.

My Lanikai LU-6 and OU-8E both have 1 1/2", but of course they are tenors. In concert my Lanikai Zebrawood has 1 15/32", and I understand the Monkeypod has the same. I don't think I've ever seen a production soprano with that width

My Lanikai LU-6 and OU-8E both have 1 1/2", but of course they are tenors. In concert my Lanikai Zebrawood has 1 15/32", and I understand the Monkeypod has the same. I don't think I've ever seen a production soprano with that width

The Islander Soprano has a 1.5" nut which makes it the only soprano I've found where I can fit my fingers. The frets join the neck at the 14th fret which makes it more like a long neck soprano in some ways. I think it sounds more like a concert that a soprano. I was hoping to find a soprano that sounds like a soprano with a bit more room on the neck.

Blue Grass Ukes have 1.5" necks, both "standard" and "box".

Top Bottom