Ukulele Christmas/Hanuka/kwanzaa/etc wishes

NukeDOC

Retired Mod
Reaction score
so the big shopping holidays are coming up. and what better present to give to an ukulele player than a new ukulele? so lets see what you would like to get!

now lets be realistic here. do you really think someone you know is gonna buy you a martin 5K this year? ok then. so instead, what can you imagine getting that would just make you say "whoa! awesome! thanks, _______ (fill in the blank with the name of the loved one that got it for you)!"

doesnt necessarily need to be an ukulele. but at least ukulele related.

ill start it off. i just want this ukulele. its a lanikai LFM-C concert spruce top with white maple back and sides. would look so good next to my taylor with the same color combo.
Uke_Lanikai_Concert_LFM.jpg

valerie has this ukulele and i want it!

ok your turn.

I wish every kid who has an interest in playing the uke but whose parents can't afford it, would get one. I'm trying to make my wish come true.

^^^^^^^^^
And that is why I am waiting for my "Deach Me" shirt, try to help Deach with his dream.
St. Nick or is it St. Deach :worship:.

Now being the selfish only child that I am I would like a Koaloha Soprano...
(no not from St. Deach he has to many others on his list)

Last edited:
I just want the kanile'a that I had custom built to show up.

But I hope to buy a MooreBetta before the end of the year for the wife.

I want a Kala Solid lacewood tenor. But so far MGM only has Sopranos, Concerts, and Bari's. Hmmm...maybe I should e-mail him.

I'd wish for an Applause acoustic/electric soprano uke to play with my band. I have a Kala mango soprano ukulele, but it's (like ukes in general) not very audible over other instruments.

I want my dad to get himself a kanilea soundmonster tenor so that I can play it too. Hehe.

But I'd love for a cheap and nice uke to show up on craigslist so I can snatch it up. A nice amp for a rock bottom price on craigslist would be great too. When there's asymmetric info and the seller doesn't know the value of what they have, or just want to get rid of it, you can get some sweet deals on craigslist.

Realistically, I'd wish for one of these:

PA020014.jpg

PA020015.jpg

PA020016.jpg

PA020017.jpg

It's an all-maple Moana soprano. Not just gorgeous, but the best reasonably priced (around £100) ukulele I've played. *dribble*

Hmm. As an atheist, I guess I have the advantage of not having to wait for the "holidays" to make my wishes... I only have to wait for the money!

I've gotten some friends into the uke by playing for them and making them watch videos of Aldrine and Jake. My holiday wish is that they can get ukes of their own. I'd help them out if I weren't poor.

And if I suddenly win the lottery, a Koaloha Pineapple Sunday will be my Christmas gift to myself.

I've only been playing a week, but already know I love the feel, character and soul of the Ukulele.

I bought the cheapest one I could find (£18) to check them out and am ready to put that one aside if Santa brings me the soprano pineapple that is in the merchandise shop here.

We ought to have a 'pass it on' section where people can send in 'old' ukes when they upgrade etc so that they can be given to those without who would love to learn.

So anyhow Santa will be getting a good few hints, and if he turns a blind ear then I'll be saving my pennies to get one next year !

:music:

I wish to be able to comfortably play a Jack Johnson song by Christmas.

Oh, and failing that, a mango Fluke. If I'm going to suck, I may as well suck with a cool uke. :music:

Why not put it in the For Sale section, with the caveat that it needs to go to a good home for someone who doesn't have a uke and wants to play? You could even go so far as have people post up a funny poem or nominate someone who they think would enjoy your generous offer.

Passing down is a nice way to spread ukulele love.

Hmm. As an atheist, I guess I have the advantage of not having to wait for the "holidays" to make my wishes... I only have to wait for the money!
There's always the Winter Solstice to celebrate.....it predates Jesus Christ and has a tree and everything. Also, December 25th is Jimmy Buffett's birthday. I love to tease my christian friends by reminding them, "He's MY reason for the season", that always makes them squirm.

Just a solid Mohogany Tenor uke with a nice gloss finish. Either a pono, or the ohana one. :D

but thats just meh.

There's always the Winter Solstice to celebrate.....it predates Jesus Christ and has a tree and everything. Also, December 25th is Jimmy Buffett's birthday......

There's always Festivus!!!!

Top Bottom