Re-entrant dgbe

Ben Mulleman

Reaction score
Greetings and salutations!

I have a question about re-entrant dgbe on a baritone.
I currently have it set up in regular dgbe with classical strings (2,3,4 and 5 out of a set of classicals).

I have no idea which string I should use for the high d though. Does anyone know? I figured I could just pick up a single string and replace the wound one with an unwound one.

Thanks in advance,
Ben M.

Greetings and salutations!

I have a question about re-entrant dgbe on a baritone.
I currently have it set up in regular dgbe with classical strings (2,3,4 and 5 out of a set of classicals).

I have no idea which string I should use for the high d though. Does anyone know? I figured I could just pick up a single string and replace the wound one with an unwound one.

Thanks in advance,
Ben M.

Use the same string as your top string. In other words make the 1st and 4th the same. The slightly floppier note for the high D should be fine.

Use the same string as your top string. In other words make the 1st and 4th the same. The slightly floppier note for the high D should be fine.

Hi Ken,

Thank you very much! I just put it on and even though it's still stretching, it sounds wonderful! The chords sound less.. Muddy? Does that make sense? It also sounds alot more uke-like.

PS: I have been watching alot of your YouTube videos lately, they are a treat to watch!

Thanks,
Ben M.

Top Bottom