ACK! A day went by

pootsie

Reaction score
Yesterday was the first day--since I picked up the uke on March 3 of this year--that I went all day long without touching a uke.

I feel ... empty inside.

I had a tough day and horrible headache following oral surgery a few days ago. I napped all evening and then had dinner and went back to bed after work. The day went by, the evening went by, night came and sleep carried me off.

And my ukulele sat in the corner, neglected, the whole time. I think it gently wept.

I shall endeavor not to let this tragedy repeat itself.

The new, official, "I haven't touched my Uke' today" poster.

a3173100-239-bill-the-cat-ack.jpg

Yes, I know the feeling....my little Dolphin sits next to my bed and looks at me so accusingly when I pick my iPad instead of him/her/it.

Kathryn

I had the same thing happen to me two nights ago - I was surprised - I almost always play an ukulele when at home at least once a day...

I get all 4 wisdom teeth removed on Aug 6. I do not think I will play that day. Yuck. :(

I'm recently back from about 6 months away from it. Not sure why but lost interest. Bought a couple of new ukes to kick start it again.

I'm recently back from about 6 months away from it. Not sure why but lost interest. Bought a couple of new ukes to kick start it again.

That will always get the uke juices flowing again. Welcome back.

My guitar is furious that it sits in the corner getting ignored.

Well I am sure you are all releived that I embraced my uke again last night and promised never to let her languish. My wife was a tad annoyed, though, since all that embracing was happening while she was trying to watch a show on TV. I got to fiddle about during the commercials, though, and made some progress on a new song.

I feel much better!

Top Bottom