I'LL FLY AWAY - Italy

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
Here's a video that Lorenzo and I made in the garden of the Teatro Olimpico in Vicenza, Italy, last weekend.

I was there for the huge ukulele festival in Caldogno.

Hi Ken, this video, like many of your other videos, were done outdoor. The recordings were very good I must say. Would you share how you managed to do this please?

Very nice! I love all your stuff but this song is one of my special favorites!

Here's a video that Lorenzo and I made in the garden of the Teatro Olimpico in Vicenza, Italy, last weekend.

I was there for the huge ukulele festival in Caldogno.

Hi Ken, this video, like many of your other videos, were done outdoor. The recordings were very good I must say. Would you share how you managed to do this please?

Yes. Just in front of us you will see a Zoom audio recorder on top of the uke case. The one I am using is the Zoom H2n. It is very good and easy to use too. You just have to make sure that the recording level is correct and not distorting. The video was recorded on a simple compact camera.

I process the audio on Audacity, a simple free app for Mac and PC. I add a little compression, a touch of reverb and increase the dynamics to max. I export it as an MP3. Put the MP3 and the video file together on your favourite video program and you are finished.

Impeccable. Gorgeous on every level. It wouldn't have surprised me if the statuary came to life from the spell of your beautiful music ...

Thank you so much. The statues added a lot to the atmosphere of the place.

What an awesome song! Luv'd it! Thanks for sharing it Ken and Lorenzo.

Thank you. It is great recording with Lorenzo.. Like a number of other professional players, he is happy to just "go for it" with any any rehearsal. I love recording this way.

Ken, this is really wonderful. I started playing along at home, just quietly picking up some of the nice things you are doing.

Grazie!

As close to perfect as one ever need get. Everything about this is so right mate...guess it helps when you have two superb musicians, a gorgeous setting and one of the best spirituals ever written. Yes.

As close to perfect as one ever need get. Everything about this is so right mate...guess it helps when you have two superb musicians, a gorgeous setting and one of the best spirituals ever written. Yes.

A very generous comment, J.

Yes, it has been my privilege to play with some of the greatest ukulele musicians in the world over the past few years. One day, I hope you and I will get the chance to jam together and hopefully record something.

What Jon said..... fabulous, Ken! It hits the spot! Blogged it....:D

Yes. Just in front of us you will see a Zoom audio recorder on top of the uke case. The one I am using is the Zoom H2n. It is very good and easy to use too. You just have to make sure that the recording level is correct and not distorting. The video was recorded on a simple compact camera.

I process the audio on Audacity, a simple free app for Mac and PC. I add a little compression, a touch of reverb and increase the dynamics to max. I export it as an MP3. Put the MP3 and the video file together on your favourite video program and you are finished.

I'm hooked on this one now. I went to your web site and downloaded this tab. Thanks for your response Ken, and many thanks for making "I'll fly away" tab freely available.

Last edited:
Top Bottom