Build your own uke!

She knows the real way to a man's heart. Have fun putting it together, and keep us updated on the progress with plenty of pictures!

Hey all-
I just got my valentines day present from my girlfriend, and its a soprano ukulele kit!! (http://www.hanalimastore.com/servlet/Detail?no=65&sfs=23cbd6b5)

I can't wait to assemble it and post some pictures! I already have some good ideas!

Congratulations! Just read the directions a few times before you start and purchase all the supplies that you will need. Then just take your time and don't be in a rush and you can build yourself a really nice instrument.

Has anyone ever heard of Mike DaSilva? he is in the Bay Area (berkeley) and one of my old high school teachers told me if i go to his shop, and tell him that i want to build my own uke, that he will help me start from scratch!

even though this starter kit is very interesting, i might start from the very beginning and put my own designs on. but that is a maybe though.

Has anyone ever heard of Mike DaSilva? he is in the Bay Area (berkeley) and one of my old high school teachers told me if i go to his shop, and tell him that i want to build my own uke, that he will help me start from scratch!

even though this starter kit is very interesting, i might start from the very beginning and put my own designs on. but that is a maybe though.

I definitely hope to do that one day. If all goes according to plan on this one, Ill step it up a bit and make the body myself.

haha this is gonna sound weird for one moderator to tell another... but fred, do a search here on "dasilva" and youll find some really good info on him.

i would be sooooo jealous if you got an opportunity to start on your own project like that. he is actually at the top of my list to have my future custom uke made by.

haha this is gonna sound weird for one moderator to tell another... but fred, do a search here on "dasilva" and youll find some really good info on him.

i would be sooooo jealous if you got an opportunity to start on your own project like that. he is actually at the top of my list to have my future custom uke made by.

haha i actually submitted his monthly uke give away, but i didnt win.

his website is so nice, about him and EVERYTHING haha. all his ukes are just AWESOME.

all you gotta do, is come up to the bay area for a few months, and wrk on your uke everyday and you'll have one >_<

Oh, man...I soooo want one of the tenor kits. Too bad I'm pathetic at building things. It'd probably turn out looking like some sort of surreal birdhouse with strings.

Top Bottom