What do do about a clipped short C string, bridge level, that is poking into my arm?

beautifulsoup

Reaction score
Just what the subject line says. It's very short at the bottom of the figure 8 winding, so I don't think I should risk trying to clip it any shorter. But it sticks out in relationship to the other 3 strings, which are nicely tucked in line, and not an issue.

But this sharp string edge that is poking into my arm; what to do? (I've tried adjusting how I hold the uke, but I inevitably come back to my original position - and to getting my arm poked).

Would a drop of clear nail polish at the tip of the string put a "buffer" effect on it? Or a bit of epoxy, or something?

(Another nUUb question, sorry).

Last edited:
Check how many windings at the tuner end of the C. As the old saying goes...give yourself some slack....and then retie the offensive string thing. Good luck.

Thanks; it came strung that way, and I'm really new to all this... guess I might have to try.

P.S. - it arrived with no slack up top, either.

In the short term just put some gaffer tape over the offending string.

When you restring later on just be aware of the direction the strings ends are facing.

Temporarily, I would use a drop of hot melt glue to accomplish what you're considering. Mask off the ukulele so you don't do any damage. Then simply apply a drop of the glue. It dries round and relatively soft.
When the time comes to restring, I would tie those ends off so that the loose ends are pointed down, toward the floor, rather than up at the forearm.

Temporarily, I would use a drop of hot melt glue to accomplish what you're considering. Mask off the ukulele so you don't do any damage. Then simply apply a drop of the glue. It dries round and relatively soft.
When the time comes to restring, I would tie those ends off so that the loose ends are pointed down, toward the floor, rather than up at the forearm.

Thanks. This is the sort of thing I was thinking of; round and soft tip for the short term.

If it's fleurocarbon...put a flame to it or if you got enough string, tuck it in the next string..

Top Bottom