Found these Diamond Head Uke's local if anyone cares

Never seen a Diamond Head uke made of solid wood. All the ones I've seen were plywood, and built way worse than any Mahalo I've ever seen. As for the Tenor ukuleles made by "Ohana", I'd say buyer beware.

Never seen a Diamond Head uke made of solid wood. All the ones I've seen were plywood, and built way worse than any Mahalo I've ever seen. As for the Tenor ukuleles made by "Ohana", I'd say buyer beware.

What he said. I've seen Diamond Heads, and they were the only instruments I have ever deemed beyond help.

REAL UKULELE - MADE BY DIAMOND HEAD!! BRAND NEW!!
Geared tuning keys!!! solid wood!!
$29.99 ea -- Images are actual item..

Exclamation points. !!

AHHHHHHH !!

Ummm ... yeah. I guess this seller is using the word "solid" in the physics definition, meaning it has mass and is not in a gaseous. plasma, or liquid state.

Ummm ... yeah. I guess this seller is using the word "solid" in the physics definition, meaning it has mass and is not in a gaseous. plasma, or liquid state.

But they are "real" at least, and not in some unstable quantum state.

Ha! Yes. I was thinking the same thing. I have never seen one of these in person, so I can't comment, but just at that price point, I couldn't imagine them being legit in the "solid" department.

But they are "real" at least, and not in some unstable quantum state.

Well it depends. If it's the Schroedinger's Special model, then you get a box where the uke is in both a real and quantuum state, but when you open the box to look you change the parameters, and lock it into one or the other.

Certainly just a retail "come-on" to get you in the store then upsell.

Top Bottom