Took the Mya-Moe plunge!

maximumcat

Reaction score
After more than a year of staring at their website like a fool on a daily basis, I finally bit the bullet and ordered my 6 String Tenor Master Grade Myrtle Classic!

Gordon & Char were great and jumped right in, and the wood has already been chosen. I got the last set from the "Homecoming Queen" board. My set is a single piece Back & Front and was from the section of wood "above" the now-famous Homecoming Queen ukes... the color variations & curls seem to similar, but the "sash" is off-set and straight up and down... no curve. That stripe will be off to one side of the sound hole... not bookmatched & completely asymmetrical.

Now... Just 7 more months to wait.

Good luck with your wait :)

After more than a year of staring at their website like a fool on a daily basis, I finally bit the bullet and ordered my 6 String Tenor Master Grade Myrtle Classic!

Gordon & Char were great and jumped right in, and the wood has already been chosen. I got the last set from the "Homecoming Queen" board. My set is a single piece Back & Front and was from the section of wood "above" the now-famous Homecoming Queen ukes... the color variations & curls seem to similar, but the "sash" is off-set and straight up and down... no curve. That stripe will be off to one side of the sound hole... not bookmatched & completely asymmetrical.

Yeah, the website is a dangerous place and I love every minute of it. The time will go by quicker than you think. My tenor, #855, will be completed at the end of October. The next one will be a Tradition, all myrtle concert. Congratulations on the set from the Homecoming Queen board.

It is a long wait, but you are waiting on a quality instrument.
My Myrtle six string is awesome.

And I'm waiting for #851 to begin.....curly redwood and walnut baritone cutaway.
I'll have it in my hands by Halloween if all goes well.

Do we all look for a year before we jump- did the same thing. #822 starts next month...man oh man has it been a long wait, but that curly cherry resonator is going to be AWESOME :)
Congratulations

I think one of the great things about the folks at Mya Moe though is the transparency and reassurance of their build calendar and photos and all. The fact that they're able to do that speaks volumes for their organization skills. There are a lot of luthiers out there (and I'm not thinking about any in particular) who make great instruments but have waiting lists that are just kind of a mystery.

So far I haven't been able to justify the dent in my plastic to order a custom...but if and when I do it will probably be a Mya Moe just because I appreciate that transparency and organization. I've ordered other custom instruments in the past and found that the open-ended wait was not good for my health. :)

John

I think one of the great things about the folks at Mya Moe though is the transparency and reassurance of their build calendar and photos and all. The fact that they're able to do that speaks volumes for their organization skills. There are a lot of luthiers out there (and I'm not thinking about any in particular) who make great instruments but have waiting lists that are just kind of a mystery.

So far I haven't been able to justify the dent in my plastic to order a custom...but if and when I do it will probably be a Mya Moe just because I appreciate that transparency and organization. I've ordered other custom instruments in the past and found that the open-ended wait was not good for my health. :)

John

Agreed!

Hey, you must be behind me, mcat! I have a late Dec build start on a MM pineapple traditional tenor in sycamore with maple neck and high contract, slotted headstock with Schertler tuners. I don't think they've done any wood picking for me yet.

So, fun it will be to wait. They start mine before Xmas, but delivery will be in February. Doh! Great folks, they seem. G'luck with the wait.

I just glanced at sailinguke's list of instruments--man, you have some quality sh^t!

Olde John -- you gotta sell some of those ukes and get on the MM list, brother. Baritone.

Last edited:
Congrats....You thought the order wait was bad eh...wait till you have the build wait...tee hee hee...
keep up informed and send us your build number so we can keep up with it....I am positive you
will be glad you pulled the trigger...they are definetely one of the easiest, if not the easiest ukes to play ukes out there...

Last edited:
best ukulele i've ever played, and i don't want for another one. gordon and char are the BEST.

what number is your instrument?

I had a tenor reso on order but just cancelled it. Mu UAS came to a sudden halt. We do have a Mya-Moe lap steel reso. I decided I am happy with the ukes I have.

The affore mentioned lap steel
Kamaka HF3
Kamaka HF 38
Oscar schmidt solid Koa concert
Regal resonator w waverly tuners

Guitars
Martin 0-28VS
BBlue Ridge Jumbo

Life needs to be in balance so I am currently shopping for a used National Resonator guitar.

Do we all look for a year before we jump- did the same thing. #822 starts next month...man oh man has it been a long wait, but that curly cherry resonator is going to be AWESOME :)
Congratulations

Hey TCK! We are close enough bro, #821 here lol.

Top Bottom