uke shops in london?

darrendiablo

Reaction score
hiya lads im off to london on saturday to watch teh cycling and from where we are gonna be watchign it they will pass twice but inbetween there is abotu a 4hr interval so i was hopeing to wander about and spend my birthday cash on a new tenor uke so does anyone have any names of good uke shops in town?
daz

thanks mate duley noted :) i will endevour to find them before cavendish gets back round to me lol
daz

Check out Macari's: http://www.macaris.co.uk/ Not been there but they were very helpful on the phone.

Hobgoblin was again very helpful on the phone but the range can be a bit limited unless the local store has bought in more instruments than the general franchise carries.

I had a mixed experience at Duke of Uke. I went in with the intention of buying but found the chap in the shop to be generally uninterested in me as a customer, didn't have half the stuff in that they had claimed on the phone the night before and made a very poor attempt at tuning the ukes before handing them over. If you go, take a tuner with you or you will find it very frustrating. I didn't buy in the end and found it a deflating experience, especially as I had travelled quite a way to get there including walking from Liverpool street. They did have some lovely tenors in stock though.

A friend of mine had a similar experience as a newbie buying their first uke from there. They had indifferent service, came away with a uke that was perhaps not really what they were after and got "huffed" at when they asked to have it restrung as they are left handed.

I'm very jealous that you're going to get to watch the cycling. I would have loved to head down for it but just not possible.

Enjoy yourself, whatever you get up to.

Last edited:
ah you say about yoru experiences mate and i seem to have the exact same problem here in cardioff they just dont seem interested tehn give em a quick tune before handing them over and they sound terrible lol
i was hoping for a better experience in london but we shall see!
daz

Top Bottom