A HUGE thank you to Andrew Kitakis

jimmybookout

Reaction score
I have an 8 year old Kanilea that has some issues, Joe and I had been unable to catch up (which has been rather frustrating). Andrew read the thread I started in June about the Kanilea and sent a PM offering to help. So, I sent my Kanilea to Andrew and he is going to run the ukulele over to Bill at Kanilea and see what can be done to fix the issue.

I wanted to post this because Andrew truly doesn't have a dog in the fight. I didn't buy the ukulele from him, he doesn't know me from Adam's house cat and he still graciously offered to help. AMAZING!!!

Andrew,
I cannot thank you enough, you truly are a gentleman and a good soul.

Jimmy

Aloha Jimmy...The Souza's are currently in Japan but I dropped the ukulele off with Bill griffin at Kanilea this morning and they will evaluate its condition and get back to us. Aloha mgm

Aloha Jimmy...The Souza's are currently in Japan but I dropped the ukulele off with Bill griffin at Kanilea this morning and they will evaluate its condition and get back to us. Aloha mgm

Hey Mike,
Thanks for your help on this, glad you're doing well.

Jimmy

HMS Rocks!

Was searching for some other threads when I came across this one and just had to chime in. The folks at HMS are awesome. I've bought two ukes from them and each time I had questions I emailed Andrew and he got right back to me within a day. His willingness to answer my questions and work with me to fulfill my uke needs have made me a HMS lifer! I haven't found many places where the owner will take the time to respond to customer questions and offer insight.

Andrew's willingness to help customers really sets HMS apart. Not having a great uke store here in Michigan, HMS's extensive website with pics and sound samples combined with the customer service makes me very confident purchasing my ukes from them. If there was a board to sing praises about your favorite uke shop, I would praise HMS there too! Just haven't found that board yet...

Big Ditto on the awesome customer service. Andrew is helping me get a 6 string nut for a used Kala 6 string I bought off ebay that I'm fixing up for my grand daughter.
Awesome people.....true Aloha spirit.

Dear Jimmy,

Meow.

I've bought three ukuleles from HMS, and Andrew, plus the whole gang (everyone, including shipping guys out at the off site storage, who did a wonderful job for me and even took my call when MGM had me call for info on my order) is superb! Although there are other popular sellers on UU, isn't it funny how, when one seller does us right, we stick with them like ohana.

I look forward to what you find out from Kanilea about the bellying, jimmy.

Sincerely, Adam's house cat.

Last edited:
wow...thank you so much Jimmy! I can't believe you made a thread for that. It's a really nice community here and I see people here helping others for no selfish reason all the time. I'm in the industry, but I come here for the same reasons as you...most likely. I love ukes, gear, and crazy opinions! But the only reason I can afford to do what I do (browse UU, lol) is because Joel runs our workshop, and MGM runs our storefront. They're really the best! Aaron, Zach, Mike Love and the whole crew are amazing musicians that like to help people, which is really the whole key. I just got this program - GuitarPro6- and I was up all last night learning to notate and tab our songs with it so that we can provide tabs with our lessons. Phil- look out for the tutorial for "Ukulele..I love You". Aaron and I recorded the video last night, so hopefully I will have it up with words/tabs by tomorrow. Thank you so much and aloha to you all! (small kine shame to see my name on the forum wall but really appreciate the thought)

Yes I talked to Andrew once on the phone, it was a pleasure to talk with him...he might have not known who I am.. he was very pleasant and helpful and real nice, just as Mike..what a good match for them working together will all the nice people at HMS..it's no mistake why their business has prospered and flourished..and may continue to do so
in the years ahead..You know when I talk with them, It feels like I'm talking with old friends:)

Last edited:
Another +1 for HMS! I hope they're around for a long time, because that's how long it will take to save up for all those nice Hawaiian ukes they sell, that are calling to me across the ocean. I think I would be satisfied with one or two of each K-brand, but one never knows, do one? :uhoh:

Like ++++ HMS team members, especially Andrew, are very very helpful.

I bought my Kamaka HF-3 from Andrew's HMS and he and his whole crew are just amazing. I knew their reputation and bought with full confidence, and having experienced his service and quality firsthand I can say I am all the more impressed. The crew there is great and they answered all my questions and Andrew responded to all my many emails - great guy, great place, long live Hawaii Music Supply! Mike

Your story does not surprise me at all - Andrew and everyone else associated with HMS are absolutely top notch. I have had a number of great interactions with HMS and will definitely go back to them again. They have the ideal combination of selection, service, and expertise. A+

Just to jump in and add to the kudos, we just got back from the North Shore, and Andrew, Music Guy Mic & Aaron from the Ukulele Site were just plain awesome...I had just picked up a pair of Pono sopranos from John & Noa at Ko'olau and they helped my out with a well-priced gig bag, and Aaron's "My Uke 101" DVD. MGM even went in back and got me a concert-sized box to pack one up with so it didn't get damaged on the flight home! AND, since it was Thursday, they had a jam in the parking lot that my family got to listen to while eating at the taco shop next door for dinner. What a deal!

Already booked in the same placed we stayed at for two years out, can't wait to go back!

Top Bottom