Strings using weedeater nylon string?

Tailgate

Reaction score
just kidding.. but I do have a similar stupid question.. new packet of strings have each sting in a glassine envelope labeled 'string 1' string 2' etc... I forget, is string 1 the bottom (closest to floor) string or the top? I seem to remember that different online tutorials labeled them differently.

Local store only carries D'Addario... hope they sound good when the time comes to change.

Hope my title made you laugh!

Bob (total noob) who is really enjoying this forum!

just kidding.. but I do have a similar stupid question.. new packet of strings have each sting in a glassine envelope labeled 'string 1' string 2' etc... I forget, is string 1 the bottom (closest to floor) string or the top? I seem to remember that different online tutorials labeled them differently.

Local store only carries D'Addario... hope they sound good when the time comes to change.

Hope my title made you laugh!

Bob (total noob) who is really enjoying this forum!

Usually string 1 is the bottom or A string. If the packets are labeled with the string measurement in mm or inches, the smallest number also indicates the A string.

Usually string 1 is the bottom or A string. If the packets are labeled with the string measurement in mm or inches, the smallest number also indicates the A string.

excellent..! thank you!

Which D'Addario set? Ask if they have the Pro Arte, they're derived from the Classical guitar sets.

Which D'Addario set? Ask if they have the Pro Arte, they're derived from the Classical guitar sets.

Nyltech EJ88T.. only strings they carried... I've read the Worth brown strings are very good, so I might order some to try at some of those at some point.

Uke is an Ibanez Soprano elect/accoustic

Should get a Lanakai CK-TEQ Tenor delivered this coming week.. on sale from Elderly.

I understand those new nyltechs are a slightly mellower verson of Aquilas??? Let us know how they work for you.

I hope I'm not hijacking this thread but I just got some aquila Nylgut for my lili'u and the first or A string one is nylon and the other is steel wound. Which goes first? Both Cs are nylon

Nyltech EJ88T.. only strings they carried... I've read the Worth brown strings are very good, so I might order some to try at some of those at some point.

Uke is an Ibanez Soprano elect/accoustic

Should get a Lanakai CK-TEQ Tenor delivered this coming week.. on sale from Elderly.

You should have gotten you strings from elderly too....they have a real good selection...I like martin Fleurocarbon strings...

I hope I'm not hijacking this thread but I just got some aquila Nylgut for my lili'u and the first or A string one is nylon and the other is steel wound. Which goes first? Both Cs are nylon
Well, you ARE hijacking, but anyway. There have been quite a few posts about the marking of Aquila strings here as well.....
And once you are hijacking you could have provided some more info like e.g. the type of Aquila's you have. My cristal bowl shows something like a low G set with a wound G string (8U?). Which should almost answer your question.
BTW: if you have an A (red), a wound low G (white) and 2 C (green) strings in the package you are missing an E string (blue) :p

The string sets I got are called Aquila New Nylgut. 1st is red 1 is wound and the other unwound which I think is A.2nd is Blue which I think is the E. 3rd Green both are unwound which should be C. 4th is White which is also unwound and Is High G. I have it strung up now that way. It sounds right tho it does seem a little strange having a wound and unwound on the A string. Also both both A and C are octives apart. I bought them on eBay and the seller couldn't give me much info on them. Good thing I bought only 2 sets. I probably should have done a some investigative work on here before buying. They sound okay but probably could have sounded better with another brand or maybe the A and C in unison.
Well, you ARE hijacking, but anyway. There have been quite a few posts about the marking of Aquila strings here as well.....
And once you are hijacking you could have provided some more info like e.g. the type of Aquila's you have. My cristal bowl shows something like a low G set with a wound G string (8U?). Which should almost answer your question.
BTW: if you have an A (red), a wound low G (white) and 2 C (green) strings in the package you are missing an E string (blue) :p

I bought them on eBay and the seller couldn't give me much info on them.
Well, seems you didn't pick the best seller here.....
I don't know of any reason why an A string should be wound in an Aquila set, nor have I heard of a "low A" tuning. Seems you got a standard and a low G set, the latter one having a wound G string (which appears to be mislabelled as it should be marked white, not red).
Also both both A and C are octives apart.
:confused: C 9th fret = open A string - not quite an octave apart unless you tuned it completely wrong :confused:
A = high G 2nd or low G 14th fret....

Top Bottom