any know any good Uku tuners

I have a clip-on but I tend to use Code App's Ukulele Tuner application for iPhone. It is 69p and so very useable, plus I have tested it against several high quality tuners and it holds up very well indeed!

It gives you a read out of the actual frequency so you cam see just how far out you are and turns blue when you tune correctly.

It has proved invaluable to me, thoroughly recommend.

+1 for red Snark

Da tuner for Android is pretty good if you've left your clip on tuner at home - and it's free!

Until this morning I had a Hudson DTH-550 clip on tuner which i was happy with.........
But then it ceased to function. The display works but it will not register a note either in vibration or chromatic mode. It is only about 3 months old.

Going to buy a Snark next - hopefully it will be more reliable.

Last edited:
For the average person, it's a no brainer....Snark SN6 ...uke specific tuner, $8.99 with free shipping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270914417925?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

OK, for all those with good intentions, but who aren't entirely "accurate in their assessments, THE SN6 IS A ChROMATIC TUNER. Why pay more if a uke is your primary intrument?????????????????????????????

Listing from Elderly:

SNARK SN-6 NO FRILLS CLIP-ON CHROMATIC ELECTRONIC TUNER FOR UKULELE
Best clip-on tuner for ukes! Fully chromatic, [SIZE=4[COLOR="#000000"][/COLOR]works for all instruments.

Last edited:
I like the little Planet Waves NS Mini Headstock tuner. It's plenty accurate enough and it's tiny. I leave it on all the time.

any know any good Uku tuners

That's not even a sentence, It should say... Does anyone know of any good Uke tuners ?

You see the capital letter at the start ?, always use them if you are at the beginning of something, I added the word "Does" and put a question mark at the end for you, so people know that it's a question, also I changed one of your "any" words to "anyone" just to grammatically help the line flow more easily.

I don't usually feel the need to correct peoples grammar but when it's the actual title of a thread it really annoys me, surely our schools have not fallen this far in their standards of basic education, if you cannot communicate properly you are going to live a life of confusion and misunderstanding.

It will really help in getting taking seriously by potential employers, banks, any official department and it will help in business and in love if you can communicate your ideas and desires in a clear, coherent and articulate way.

No offense intended. (I have been helping my daughter do her homework so I'm in teacher mode).

Hopefully this will inspire perfection rather that push anyone's buttons and make them defensive.

For the sake of $ 5 I'd always go for a chromatic tuner.

+1 on this. You never can tell when you might want to try an alternative tuning, even on the uke.

I have three or four of the red snarks (I think 3, I crunched one in a case...don't ask). And they are really surprising good tuners for the money. Easily the equal of my Fishman tuner that was twice the price and my old first-generation Intellitouch (which is way too huge and heavy for ukes anyway). When doing setups I use my Peterson Stroboclip for the precise display but I'm not going to take a $70 tuner to meetups or out in a field with a bunch of crazies in Indiana... :)

John

And just what someone needs as a welcome on their second post to the UU forums, an English lesson. Have you ever seen MGMs posts when his medical condition has his chemistry out of whack? Ever stop to think maybe this newcomer to our community might have similar issues? If it seems my buttons are a little easy to push it's because I once had perfect written language skills - so much so that every bit of correspondence that left our office would cross my desk for proofreading - and since a couple of heart attacks and hours on surgery tables I have several language-related issues that sometimes render my posts humorous when they are not meant to be (check out how many of my posts I edit, in spite of reading them two or three times before pressing the post button). Just today while recording a video I said "pace" in the family when I obviously meant "peace" - does that mean I should withdraw from polite society to avoid offending the sensibilities of those with better language skills?

Honestly, several people were clearly able to discern the original poster's meaning in spite of language "issues." Since you were apparently unable to do so (there was nothing of any use to the original poster's problem in your self-important non-reply) it might be that you are the one who needs to examine more closely your communication skills.

Oh...and by-the-way...for someone who has the nerve to correct another's grammar and punctuation...yours is pretty dismal. If the second paragraph, especially, of your post is representative of your "teacher mode" I strongly suggest you find someone else to help your daughter with her homework!

John

That's not even a sentence, It should say... Does anyone know of any good Uke tuners ?

You see the capital letter at the start ?, always use them if you are at the beginning of something, I added the word "Does" and put a question mark at the end for you, so people know that it's a question, also I changed one of your "any" words to "anyone" just to grammatically help the line flow more easily.

I don't usually feel the need to correct peoples grammar but when it's the actual title of a thread it really annoys me, surely our schools have not fallen this far in their standards of basic education, if you cannot communicate properly you are going to live a life of confusion and misunderstanding.

It will really help in getting taking seriously by potential employers, banks, any official department and it will help in business and in love if you can communicate your ideas and desires in a clear, coherent and articulate way.

No offense intended. (I have been helping my daughter do her homework so I'm in teacher mode).

Hopefully this will inspire perfection rather that push anyone's buttons and make them defensive.

Last edited:
And just what someone needs as a welcome on their second post to the UU forums, an English lesson. Have you ever seen MGMs posts when his medical condition has his chemistry out of whack? Ever stop to think maybe this newcomer to our community might have similar issues? If it seems my buttons are a little easy to push it's because I once had perfect written language skills - so much so that every bit of correspondence that left our office would cross my desk for proofreading - and since a couple of heart attacks and hours on surgery tables I have several language-related issues that sometimes render my posts humorous when they are not meant to be (check out how many of my posts I edit, in spite of reading them two or three times before pressing the post button). Just today while recording a video I said "pace" in the family when I obviously meant "peace" - does that mean I should withdraw from polite society to avoid offending the sensibilities of those with better language skills?

Honestly, several people were clearly able to discern the original poster's meaning in spite of language "issues." Since you were apparently unable to do so (there was nothing of any use to the original poster's problem in your self-important non-reply) it might be that you are the one who needs to examine more closely your communication skills.

John

na wurrys brah wil juz not bovver abowt it in futer.

The Snark SN-6 is a chromatic tuner. I use it on guitar too. Great bargain.

Top Bottom