For Sale: Ken Timms Style O soprano Uke

hozer

Reaction score
Handmade Style O ukelele in soprano size by Ken Timms in the UK. This instrument I had read about on the forums here and I contacted Ken about purchasing one. I have had this uke for a little over 2 months and I am amazed at the quality of build and the attention to materials. Solid one piece front and arched back with ebony nut and saddle. I replaced the Aquila's with a Mya Moe fluorocarbon set which gave a better articulation throughout the scale. Sonically the uke is amazing with a wonderful volume with bell like highs and clear lows. I bought based on the hype and it clearly delivered...if not more. My reason for selling is that I am still struggling with the soprano scale in terms of the fretboard as I have fat stubbies for appendages. This is a wonderful standard uke for anyone wanting quality and value. I am selling for 475.00 including shipping to the continental 48 and any other locations the shipping would be additional. The uke does not come with a case but it will be packed quite well. I will attach the text from Kens ebay site which describes in his words this particular uke. I will post on ebay by mid week but wanted to give the underground the heads up and keep it in house :) My direct email to go to my phone or computer when I am not online is patntam@verizon.net

Here is Ken's text. Here is another Hand made Soprano Ukulele..Made by Ken Timms (Timbuck)........In rich red Mahogany.....Here I have tried to reproduce the main features of the classic Martin Style "0" made in the years between 1920 to 1950's....Solid Mahogany Body and one piece back front and Neck ... "Rosewood" fretboard with Styrene marker dots (The original Style 0 fretboard was Rosewood with Ivoroid dots)...Martin Spec: Dovetail Neck Joint.... ...Arched/Domed Back....Ebony Saddle and Nut....Finish is Hand rubbed in Shellac/French Polish (Aimed to give that Vintage Look ) ...Fitted with Aquila Strings and Quality Tuners with vintage style buttonsTimms_001.jpgTimms_002.jpgTimms_003.jpgTimms_004.jpgTimms_005.jpg

Last edited:
Rarely does one of these become available. Wish I had funds available... someone, buy this please!

Rarely does one of these become available. Wish I had funds available... someone, buy this please!

oooh, you are hankering after one of these aren't you brother! he he :) Such classy and elegant instruments.

These Timm's soprano ukes are fantastic for their build and tonal qualities. Top of the line, right along w/ the Martin O.

Do these have side dots?

Side Dots

There are no side dots on the Ken Timms Soprano. I have to add to the conversation though that the uke is so so lightweight. I wonder how good this will sound when it is broken in

Let me be the SECOND person to point out the Rules for posting Ukes on this Forum...
and good luck with the sale- I wish Mr. Timms was on this side of the Pond.

Is this uke still available?

hey NewKid...judging from his post count he's not likely to be on again soon, though he has left his email address in his first post. Suggest emailing him's probably your best option mate...

Thanks Eugene! I'm just going to order one from the man himself at Timbuck. Ken wrote that he was ready to make a new batch.

You will not be dissappointed, Ken's sopranos are amazing.

This looks oddly familiar...WAIT A MINUTE! This is my uke. =) I bought this beauty off of ebay a while back for $340. Easily one of the best uke buys I've made. The build quality is absurdly good. And the sound...oh the sound. My first soprano and probably the only one I will ever need.

Where can you get Ken Timms from? I've been recommended before. I can't see any details on his website. Do you just email him on UU?

Ta.
Matt

he regularly lists on Ebay.
Where can you get Ken Timms from? I've been recommended before. I can't see any details on his website. Do you just email him on UU?

Ta.
Matt

Top Bottom