24th Season of the Ukulele

TCW

Reaction score
OK- here you all go...who knew the video for the requirements would be harder than playing the Uke?

I asked Mr. Silly to give me a hand after take four...

GUILTY PLEASURE WEEK.
We all have the song we sing as loud as we possibly can…in the car, when we are sure no one is looking? That is what I want to hear you play this week. It’s ok, really, you are among friends.
Anyway, we like a good laugh around here, so let’s all just throw inhibition out the window and never stop believing.
80’s hair bands? God- Dave LOVES Def Lepperd
Brittany Spears?
New Kids on the Block?
The Monkees?
Bring it!
If it is in your collection, but you would be embarrassed if your friends knew- perfect!
Parameters-
Video must be a new creation
Must be single track- no overdubs
All instruments welcome, Ukulele must be central.
bonus tracks strongly encouraged
You need to tell us that your video is for the 24th season of the Ukulele at the beginning of it.

Judging-
I really don’t want to judge anyone else’s playing my first week here, so I had planned to do the hat thing like Myrna did, but…well, you know who I live with. He wanted to do Chicken Bingo and is really stuck on it- I figure we can amuse him just this once. Winner will be selected by our chickens. When that does not work as planned, we will then put names into the hat.

Since bonus points are impossible in the chicken world, we will put scratch on the names adjacent to yours if you do an ABBA song- that is my guilty pleasure.

Prizes-
First- Abba Gold music book
A GOLD rhythmic accompaniment device-
A set of Ko’olau GOLD tenor strings

Second
A set of Martin Strings
A Kazzoo

Third
A rhythmic accompaniment device (Egg shaped)
A set of Hilo Strings
Ear plugs for your significant other, for those times when you decided Loverboy is what you need to hear.

Thanks folks- time to have some fun!

Last edited:
covetous yingoal

Haha- I was strongly encouraged, and had an idea- we'll see how it goes. Loving that the stupid Captcha quotes are still the title of my thread
Wow thanks for doing this, I really appreciate it. (sigh)

Last edited:
Melissa/TCW welcome aboard the underground and thank you for hosting the seasons comp :bowdown: a magnificent gesture by a newbie on the underground and i am sure i speak for all THANK YOU

A great theme and i am looking so much to taking part, loved your video, you guys have great chemistry together. I love our little online community on here, such great people, i have my song choosen now to practice, And depeche mode are not a guilty pleasure they are a amazing band and fellow essex boys like me lol i was more offended by there inclusion than the monkees :smileybounce:

Once again many thanks and ukulele love , and thanks for giving up your time and for providing the prizes, i am looking to how this week unfolds, best wishes from me across the pond .

What a great idea for Season 24. Love it love it love it.
Right here we go. Now then folks................no one must EVER know about this do you hear NEVER. I have a reputation to uphold. Maybe, just maybe, there is some Von Trapp blood circulating through my veins. You never can tell. Its times like this that I thank god I'm a cowardly headless uker. Perhaps one day, all will be revealed. ;-)

Right here we go. Now then folks................no one must EVER know about this do you hear NEVER. I have a reputation to uphold. Maybe, just maybe, there is some Von Trapp blood circulating through my veins. You never can tell. Its times like this that I thank god I'm a cowardly headless uker. Perhaps one day, all will be revealed. ;-)

Herr Von Trapp, I salute you, well done! And you must not hide that dishy Von Trapp face any longer - Come out, and join the rest of us eejots! The water's not so cold......:D

Oh I can't even begin to tell you what fans you have in Cloverdale dear....knock yourself out!
Well now, if you laughed half as much as I did - that's good medicine! Happy Sunday to you both! :D (Having just had to own up to that vid to my husband - I don't like secrets - he has circulated it. The B***.... you know. With the caption - "They say music is dead - this is what killed it!" 41 years of marriage....... will we make 42? I don't care, the thinking cap's on - what a hoot!

he has circulated it. The B***.... you know. With the caption - "They say music is dead - this is what killed it!" 41 years of marriage....... will we make 42? I don't care, the thinking cap's on - what a hoot!

Perhaps a rendition of "These boots are made for walking" will shake him out of his smugness. lol

Thanks for taking the baton, TCW! I hope I have time to do something for this week.

This is not an entry, just a scene from a movie that immediately came to mind when I read this week's theme.

Wow, this is a tough one. I've been playing ukulele for 36 years, so I'm so far beyond having any shame that I'm not sure if any song I like will qualify for this week.

Great theme! Although the mere fact that I sing alone in the car, often and loudly, is in and of itself a guilty pleasure... Guilty, as in charge that woman with a misdemeanor... or perhaps even a felony... :)

It's going to be fun to see different players' ideas of what a guilty pleasure is (i.e. the Monkees - I love 'em as well, the first record I ever bought was the 45 of "Daydream Believer"). We've talked about doing something similar in one of my uke groups - "terrible song night" or something along those lines - but it never seems to happen.

Wow, this is a tough one. I've been playing ukulele for 36 years, so I'm so far beyond having any shame that I'm not sure if any song I like will qualify for this week.

I was kind of thinking this too. Ukulele is kind of a guilty pleasure in itself!
And I already did "Having My Baby"... but I do love me some Abba (sorry, Chrimess)

And I already did "Having My Baby"

Ha, I thought of you and that song immediately! You did a bit of another one that would fit the theme quite well at McCabe's a few weeks back... :)

What a way to start things off! The favorite Headless Uker from across the pond bringing Captain Von Trapp to life. I will admit-I cannot stand musical theater, but...sentimental old fool...I kind of love this song. Well done!

I knew you had to sing somewhere, know way could you put those lovely melodies together without them in your head...OK, don't make me beg
Great theme! Although the mere fact that I sing alone in the car, often and loudly, is in and of itself a guilty pleasure... Guilty, as in charge that woman with a misdemeanor... or perhaps even a felony... :)

It's going to be fun to see different players' ideas of what a guilty pleasure is (i.e. the Monkees - I love 'em as well, the first record I ever bought was the 45 of "Daydream Believer"). We've talked about doing something similar in one of my uke groups - "terrible song night" or something along those lines - but it never seems to happen.

Top Bottom