FS: 2012 Collings UT-1 ukulele with haircut headstock

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdm0509

Reaction score
Hi all-

I'm a first time poster here, although you can find me under the same user ID on the Acoustic Guitar Forum and EBay. I am selling a 2012 Collings UT-1 with haircut headstock, and would rather go through a forum like this than EBay.

This is a great uke; I just don't get to it before I go through my acoustic guitar, and I spend a lot of time on the acoustic guitar. It's become wall art, and I'm just not into that. So it's up for your consideration.

This uke was purchased new from Steve Miklas at Acoustic Music Works. His prices are clearly listed, so you can see what I paid. This uke lists at $1300, I paid $1170, and I am selling it for $600 plus shipping. Steve doesn't offer a discount on this model, as something about the haircut headstock sells super fast, and he rarely has more than one in stock at any time (if that).

The uke plays great. I ascribe to what Steve Miklas says: in this particular instrument from Collings, the unfinished, simplest ukes have the most open sound. I haven't played all the ukes that Steve at Acoustic Music Works has, but this is a very playable, very fun, wide open uke.

The only visible wear is on the middle of the lower bout; I've included a photo. So for 4 months of it largely hanging on the wall in my office (climate-controlled) and a small mark, you get a $570 discount. I hope that appeals to someone; I really do want to avoid EBay! Comes with original case.

Please message or email me with any questions; I'm happy to respond. I ship quickly, will accept PayPal and eat the fees myself, and will ship any carrier you prefer, charging you only exactly what they charge me.

Thanks so much,
Brett

IMG_3528.jpgIMG_3529.jpgIMG_3530.jpgIMG_3531.jpgIMG_3532.jpg

Jon, where did your post go?
felt embarrassed mate so I deleted it!!! I'm a UAS junkie in spit of myself. This is probably the best deal I ever saw on the UU. You gonna buy it? If not, I sent him a PM too...just in case. :eek:
:deadhorse:

DANG.....You both are UAS Junkies...Let me have it...And It will help you on your first step to recovery, Dr Stan.....HA HA HA

I dont have UAS but I did send a PM. At a kid's bday party so a little late. hehe

This has to be the best offering I've ever seen on UU...Goodness golly, A Collings UT-1 for $600...Holy mackerel Andy...!!!

Aloha Brett,
If you decide to sell any other ukes with good deals...please give me first dibs.... and PM me.. Yes I know...I'm ashamed of myself...Tee Hee Hee...Gotta ask and be the first you know...LOL
Congrats to Dana ...good buy....Yeah I am Jealous....and admit it...Happy Strumming bruddah

Last edited:
I saw this before there were any replies and no PMs had been sent and almost fell over. I wanted to send a PM so bad but I fought off the UAS. I said in a previous post I wasn't buying anymore ukes and I'm sticking to my guns but man it was tough not to hit on it.

Yikes- and I had to go fishing...can't believe I missed this. Would have bought it in a heart beat

Just a few words.... OMG.

Sold!

Folks, thanks for all the interest. This uke literally sold in 10 minutes, indeed. Dana is the lucky UAS-er this time.

Thanks again
Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom