Has anyone clicked the "LOOG" ad?

I clicked. I liked.
And my only thought was ... you want HOW MUCH for that?

Seriously, for that dough you can get a "real" instrument.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7N6iHbd5ng

Basically my thoughts throughout are... well he kinda tried to re-invent the wheel.
Doesn't the ukulele already do everything he's saying (making learning music easy, fun for all ages), but better?? There is a deeper history, greater instrument options and resources available with uke.

I really really like the concept, I won't lie.
But I would like it a hundred times more if it had 4 strings.

Last edited:
Looking at the website, it looks to be one of those dumb ideas that none of their friends or family had the balls to tell them what they honestly thought.

Hey, that's pretty cool! I want one.:iwant:

Unless you want your kids to grow up into Seasick Steve (and to be honest, if I'd ever had kids, I'd certainly have wanted mine to grow up to be him) buy them a Uke.

I suppose the whole "you can play it even if you can't play anything" idea is kinda cool, but how far can it go?

My son is in the age range this thing is marketed for, and he just got a full-size guitar (mahalo for the input on our selection, UUers).

He spent a week struggling to make some basic chords and transitions. But last night it all came together and he said "Wow, it's really cool when you can finally play a song all the way through!"

Do you really get that with a loog? I don't think so.

Unless you want your kids to grow up into Seasick Steve (and to be honest, if I'd ever had kids, I'd certainly have wanted mine to grow up to be him) buy them a Uke.

Well, I don't have any kids either. The only kid I have to worry about is me and I'm already grown up. Like I said, I want one. It's a cool idea and maybe a new instrument is born. After all the ukulele isn't all that old either and it has to start somewhere.:D

This is hardly a new instrument. Most (well, many) CBGs (cigar box guitars) have three strings. This is even almost a CBG in shape - cheap to manufacture I'd guess.

There's nothing wrong with it other than it's mostly hype and way overpriced (as are most cigar box guitars and kits, for that matter). The one thing I do see "wrong" with it is it's not really prepping junior to move to a more mainstream instrument like a guitar or even ukulele. At least if you learn ukulele you've learned 2/3rds of your guitar chord :)

kissing ...with 4 strings they could probably market it to the ukulele crowd...[/QUOTE said:
That would be the http://www.Wolfelele.com

I've always wondered what it sounds like, might even be a good beach/picnic/travel uke. At least it's inexpensive enough not to cry over if it's a dud.

That would be the http://www.Wolfelele.com

I've always wondered what it sounds like, might even be a good beach/picnic/travel uke. At least it's inexpensive enough not to cry over if it's a dud.

Not only that but, you could finish it the way you want and make it unique. No one in the world would have one exactly like it.

I want one of those too!:drool:

Actually, I like the idea of kits.

Top Bottom