Case for Kanile'a Super Tenor

greenie44

Big King Velour
UU VIP
Reaction score
I am now the proud owner of a Kanile's Super Tenor, thanks to fellow UUers Tommy and Eric. Eric was nice enough to throw in a case with it, although there is a gap at the bottom when it is closed.

I'm trying to figure out if I should just add a buckle to the bottom to keep this case closed (which I like a lot) or get a new one. I know standard tenor cases won't work, and I have heard that baritone uke or mandolin cases will. (Current case is a mandolin case)

Any opinions on a really good case? It's a great uke, so I want to do the right thing.

Thanks in advance.

- Rick G.

Reunion Blues Tenor Case works very well in my opinion. It's about $150 and fits very snuggly.

I have a Kanilea Super Concert. Got an Oahu case from HMS last week. Fits like it was custom made. Don't know for sure about the tenor Oahu case, but I recommend you ask about it.

I don't think the super tenor will fit in the tenor Oahu case. If they make a baritone case it will fit in that.

I don't think the super tenor will fit in the tenor Oahu case. If they make a baritone case it will fit in that.
You are correct. The HMS Kanilea super tenor ships with a baritone case. My error. I have an Oahu baritone case for my Pono. They are big, but they are a great case.

Top Bottom