Theory Corner?

seeso

Super Duper Moderator (Retired)
Reaction score
So I'm thinking of starting a "Theory Corner" here on UU. There are always questions about music theory, and I think I can help a little.

I'm thinking maybe once a week I'll post a new lesson. What do you guys think?

I think that's a good idea. especially to stop that joke: "how do you get a Uke-player silent? put a sheet in front of him..."^^

Apart of that, I think it is a really good add to the UU knowledge database.

plus I'd like to learn all the English names of those theoretical stuff, since I know something about music theory, but all in German. and I think I'm gonna learn something new anyways, because I'm more into the "melodic" music, than the "harmonic" one.

Go for it!

You have the tools, knowledge and experience, go for it!

Please.... if only to stop all my ?????

sure any addition to the site would be great but in my mind music theory is a wate of time thats just me though

sure any addition to the site would be great but in my mind music theory is a wate of time thats just me though

but everything you play involves music theory at some point

You know, years and years and years ago, a bunch of us on a Chapman Stick mailing list decided to write a sort of "book" on music theory for the Stick. Someone came up with a syllabus and people volunteered to write each section.

It's still out there on the net in several places. Here's one of them.

Anyhoo, maybe that might be something we could do here, under Seeso's leadership? Imagine an official UU "e-book" that anyone could download and print out!

Just a thought.

JJ

It'd be great to have a music theory section - especially if (for me anyway) it's explained in small, digestible nuggets with pointers as to where and how it can be used to enhance playing. Cheers!

i like the idea...this would definitely benefit someone like me...the only music lesson i had was back in junior high for about 2 months...so, go for it!!!

Top Bottom