Kanilea Tenor for sale

justinlcecil

Reaction score
This thing is a SOUND MONSTER! I've had this uke for about 8 months and its been a dream. It is a wonderful sounding instrument and has incredible sustain for a uke. The reason I am selling this tenor is because I just received my Custom tenor build from Willie Wixom and I don't really need two tenors. I want to invest in a concert uke a fellow ukulele underground member has offered me. I miss the concert size ukes.

The uke is all stunning curly koa that shimmers in the light, despite being a satin finish instrument. It also comes equipped with a fishman pickup which works beautifully. I will ship this uke to you in a Uke Crazy case as seen in the photos. The price for this uke is $750 + shipping (SOLD!). If interested feel free to email me @ justinlcecil@gmail.com. I'll typically respond within the hour this way...unless im sleeping. =)

photo.jpgphoto copy 3.jpgphoto copy 4.jpgphoto copy.jpgphoto copy 2.jpg

Last edited:
I've been watching the Marketplace for this model uke. When was it built? any blemishes? Do you know the pickup model and was it factory installed?

Thanks.

I'm not certain when it was built. There are a few very very minor strum marks on the right side of the fretboard. They are in the finish and you have to angle the light just right on them. I believe the original owner of this uke was the Rev. Dr. Kate McLennan. http://www.katemclennan.com/ From what I've seen of her youtube videos she is exclusively a strummer =) But again. These are very minor. As for the pickup I believe it is actually a classical guitar model made by fishman, professionally installed by the second owner, a member of the UU community I bought this uke from. I'm fairly certain I recall him telling me it is a SBT-E model. Because you where the first to reply to my post and because you have been searching for this specific uke, you have first dibs. I will wait for your reply before selling it. Thanks. -Justin Cecil

As for the manufacture date, the info is in the S/N, which starts with 1108. I think that means Nov 2008..looks nice.
Good luck

Hi, Justin

Thanks for the info on the uke. And while that is very nice of you, please DON'T pass up a definite sale waiting for me to make a decision.

Cheers, and congrats to whoever ends up with this pretty uke.

I've seen most of your uke videos now and you definitely do fingerpick. And you are an excellent player at that. Great hearing from you and glad to hear that it was in fact yours. I bought it from UU member Uncleleroy who lived in on a base in Okinawa. So if you were the first owner it went from hawaii to you to Okinawa to Kentucky to California =)
Loved this ukulele as well but I have a custom tenor and didn't really need two. It sounded wonderful. Did you install the strap buttons and pickup?
Thanks,
- Justin Cecil

Top Bottom