guitarlele information

dahni

Reaction score
Just received an old guitarlele. No label. L: 22.5";body W: 8" at bridge. Nut to Bridge 14". Nut 1 7/8; Bridge ~2 3/8. 18 frets. Only two strings, the E? and A?. They tune and sound quite good.

Size doesn't match other guitaleles. I'll need new strings, new bridge and new nut, I think. Ideas, Suggestions

guitarlele

I'll check the Uke Group you recommended. I just bought a set of Worth Soprano Uke strings for the guitarlele. I also have a classical guitar, and some D'Addario Pro Arte EJ45C Classical strings.

You think these would be good on the Guitarlele? I'm new to the world of strings, so any input will be appreciated. I am also looking for another saddle for the guitarlele. Looks like I'll have to find a blank saddle and etch it myself.

I'll check the Uke Group you recommended. I just bought a set of Worth Soprano Uke strings for the guitarlele. I also have a classical guitar, and some D'Addario Pro Arte EJ45C Classical strings.

You think these would be good on the Guitarlele? I'm new to the world of strings, so any input will be appreciated. I am also looking for another saddle for the guitarlele. Looks like I'll have to find a blank saddle and etch it myself.
Got out my Guitalele and measured. Yours is definitely smaller. If it doesn't have Yamaha stamped on the headstock it's not a Guitalele (which is their brand name). Could it be a 6-string uke instead? The tuning and string spacing would be different than a Guitalele. Are the nut slots evenly spaced or are there 2 pairs that are closer together than the rest?

Not quite sure of scale off the top of my head, but I tend to doubt Worth sopranos will work. If it's a 6-string, you'll need 6 strings (duh!). Worths are double length, meant to be cut in half to have 2 sets. If you need more than 1/2 the length, you'd be wasting the second set.

guitarlele

I have a 6-string acoustic-electric tenor uke. What I'm calling a guitarlele looks like a baby guitar, with the size I provided. I didn't buy the Worth strings, which were recommended, but did find a set of guitarlele strings from Aquila. 6 strings...

Now I need to find a new saddle as the old one is deformed. Looks like I'll need a blank.

Now I need to find a new saddle as the old one is deformed. Looks like I'll need a blank.

How do you mean "deformed" ? How about some pictures.

guitarlele

Both saddle and nut are 'well worn', I'll attach some photos tomorrow when my camera gets back. Installed the strings today. The set of 6 strings weren't identified as to where to install them, and I'm a newbie at this. But they're on there. Couldn't tune it well because the A and D strings were noisy, buzzing on the 1 and 2 frets. When I put a spacer under the nut, I stopped the buzzing there, but caused problems with the other strings.

I think I need new nut and saddle, but will get photo's and submit them for more advice.

Top Bottom