what a twat i am!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe90

Reaction score
Like the d*ck i am, i decided to try and lower my action via filing the saddle down a few mm. Now i done it and it looked nice and straight etc, i thought wow that was easy! I then put it back together and re tuned the strings and it now sounds like a pile of junk and wont play a chord that sounds nice at all. Im not sure why i done it really as it sounded very nice already even though its only a cheap makala mk-s. Question is, can i do anything now ive killed the beautiful sound? Thanks

Last edited:
Last edited:
Its the saddle i lowered a bit to lower the action, it sounds awful now though like out of tune? Is there a chance it could do this if its not straight enough?

Its the saddle i lowered a bit to lower the action, it sounds awful now though like out of tune? Is there a chance it could do this if its not straight enough?

Before sanding, draw a straight line on the bottom edge of the saddle so, you can see how straight you're sanding. Also, measure the saddle height on each end too, make sure it's even.

I edited my first reply to include the replacement saddle link to Kala's site.

Before sanding, draw a straight line on the bottom edge of the saddle so, you can see how straight you're sanding. Also, measure the saddle height on each end too, make sure it's even.

Right ok thanks, so im trying to get the same height from the first fret down to the 12th? Ive read around 3-3.5mm is a good height would this be correct? Thanks

A good string height is 2-2.5mm at the 12th fret (measured from the top of the fret to the bottom of the string) and around .8mm at the Nut.

Lower the saddle first and the string will automatically lower at the nut too.

I think that refers to your choice of words in using twat instead of twit.

Wow thats alot lower than i thought i was aiming for so i have room to play with it seems. In regards to my language ive never regarded twat as offensive but obviously some do so i apologise for that, ill try and tone it down a bit lol ??

Wow thats alot lower than i thought i was aiming for so i have room to play with it seems. In regards to my language ive never regarded twat as offensive but obviously some do so i apologise for that, ill try and tone it down a bit lol ??
;)..:eek: !!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the cheap way is to shim the saddle. You can use something like say strips from a cut up credit card etc made to fit in the bridge slot for the saddle. If more of the saddle is above the slot in the bridge, you might want to buy a new saddle and size it accordingly. You could probably just order a same sized saddle from Kala.

I think Harrylime meant keeping the mild swearing down ie tw@t and the censored d**k since there are a number of minors on the forum and they like to keep it family oriented.

Cheers.

Hey y'all, would that mean his intonation is off now because of that?

i find it refreshing

We have minor members here and that is not appropiate slang language here....plus it is against the UU rules...

Cmon people if you want to just bash the title of the thread then go elsewhere, its aimed at myself for a start so im not being negative toward anyone and its just a word, if its to do with kids seeing this then i suggest if the word "twat" isnt fit for their eyes thwn neither is the world wide web.

Now could we stick to the topic in hand, and if a mod feels the need then he/she can change the title. I feel your overeacting over nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom