New Pepe Romero model!

AndrewKuker

Reaction score
photo[4].jpg
so..ya...pretty cool and there is even a resa coil magnetic pickup for you rockers. I'm pretty excited to get one for myself :D

seriously? I thought it was super cool and am excited to get one. I guess I should have put cigar box in the title. Didn't realize the serious nature of starting a thread. Btw, why would I want to be deceptive? I guess I was, but I didn't intend to be. He sent me a pic this morning and said he's built a few and I really want to get one. i don't have a cigar box uke and am betting Pepe's is killer. But my apologies for wasting your time.

Last edited:
So, are you saying that Pepe's actually building you a CBU? If so, that's cool.

Ya, he's built a few, look at the picture, same neck, and bridge. If I build something I'm gonna take credit. Pepe's tenor ukes are amazing. But I wouldn't get one for myself, because I already have great ukes. I don't have a cigar box uke and I think I want it to be a Pepe.
I can say to my wife, ya...but I don't have a cigar box uke!
Details from Pepe's text-
" I just made two of these, they sound great, what do you think?
I made the box, arched top and back. 2 reverse fan braces on the top and back. The neck is the same as my normal ukuleles, they are pretty fun... I put resacoil pickups in them"

Last edited:
I haven't understood a single word of this so far.

I haven't understood a single word of this so far.
Oh, Ok. Pepe Romero builds ukes. He is now going to make some cigar box ukes. I can't wait to get one. itsme thought I was a lunatic. and then I thought he may be a jerk. (turns out he's not) That's my summary if you care.

Andrew,
Let me just say, it's a pleasure to have you on the forum. I appreciate your contributions. From what I read, your summary is spot on. Hope you enjoy your cigar box when you can pry one away from Pepe.

Very cool. I noticed that it is a Cohiba cigar box uke - apparently he only uses the best materials for his cigar box ukes as well.

Last edited:
So, are you saying that Pepe's actually building you a CBU? If so, that's cool.

Guess that's as close to an apology as you're gonna get,Andrew. Lol

I think a Pepe CBU is off the hook. Please do a video when you get it in. Wow. Wow. If so, that's cooll. Lol

I think that everything in this thread is cool Andrew. A Pepe CBU? Are you kidding me? And he built the box? My only question is what is he going to do with the other one?:)

I don't understand what all the fuss is about. itsme has been here forever and is a great contributer to the forum. And, correct me if I'm wrong, I believe that he is a she!:)

Congratulations Andrew. I really like my Bluegrass cigarbox. It has an unbelievable sound for a cigarbox. Who would of thought when they were making the cigarboxs for cigars that they would actually make a nice sounding musical instrument.

I just read quick and responded without getting the insinuation, thought she was just being high nose. I was glad she just thought I was booby trapping you guys to look at my cigar box uke. ridiculous conversation to filter but I guess itsme thought that because people do crazy stuff...anyways, Pepe's coming for the winter swell at some point and should bring some goodies. This Cigar box model is my xmas gift to myself (hopefully). build a pedal board again and.. hey, cool thought Mark!

I think most of us understood the nature of your thread immediately and could appreciate it from what you first wrote. Please don't let any uninformed comments get you down and thank you for sharing. I think Pepe ukes are great

I just read quick and responded without getting the insinuation, thought she was just being high nose. I was glad she just thought I was booby trapping you guys to look at my cigar box uke. ridiculous conversation to filter but I guess itsme thought that because people do crazy stuff...anyways, Pepe's coming for the winter swell at some point and should bring some goodies. This Cigar box model is my xmas gift to myself (hopefully). build a pedal board again and.. hey, cool thought Mark!

Last edited:
Didn't mean to sound confrontational, but your original post left me confused so I do apologize if it came off that way.

I had no idea Pepe was building CBUs. But I am really curious what he will be charging for one, given that his regular ukes are not cheap.

Top Bottom