Where can I find vintage uke music?

addicted2myuke

Reaction score
I love to play songs from the 20s and 30s . "Get out and get under the moon", "The devil and the deep blue sea" etc. Where can I find vintage uke songs like these? Thanks!

I have been lucky with ebay a few times. I have not looked anywhere else though.

Thanks for your answers. I think what I need is some song titles in the same style as the ones I mentioned in my original post. Snappy and ukuleleish? I can probably find the sheet music. Any suggestions?

Jim Beloff's "Daily Ukulele" book covers a lot of ground, with quite a few old-timey tunes, such as:

Ain't Misbehavin'
Ain't She Sweet
All of Me
Bill Bailey Won't You Please Come Home
By the Light of the Silvery Moon
Bye Bye Blackbird
Five Foot Two, Eyes of Blue
...and lots more

There's a songlist on this page if you want to check it out.

Seconding everybody's suggestions. The UCLA Sheet Music Consortium is another one I like if you're looking for something in particular.

One maybe-overlooked resource is your local library. My nearest library branch had a few resources, but I just stopped by the central branch downtown and found tons of books with piano/vocal/chords. I have the 1930s volume of a series called 100 Years of Popular Music checked out right now, picked up on a whim along with a collection of music from Disney films. Not all the song titles were familiar to me, but I'm going to make an effort to learn some new ones. :)

Top Bottom