Misinterpretation of Ukulele Club

Kimosabe

Reaction score
A 58-year-old Punchbowl man was arrested Tuesday after he beat his roommate with an ukulele, police said.

Police said the two men were arguing inside their apartment about 7:30 a.m. when the man hit his 56-year-old roommate with the musical instrument, causing substantial injuries.

Officers arrested the older man at the Frear Street apartment for investigation of second-degree assault.

Last edited:
OK, I'll start.

"I say that a four string steel electric is a ukulele"
"Is not!"
"Is too!"
"Is not!"

Thwack

How do you cause "substantial injuries" with a Ukulele?

Maybe it was a solid-body tenor.

Maybe it was the singing that started it..."You don't like my singing? Izzat what you're sayin?"

Where's Punchbowl?

Maybe it was an argument over high g and low g. Maybe he wanted to show that a soprano could be as powerful an instrument as a tenor.

Maybe he just got tired of comparing Aguilas and Worths.

If you strum "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" once more I'm going to send you there.

Drop Baby Drop.

Play that damn kiddy guitar while I'm trying to sleep.........

Last edited:
Were "El Kabong" cartoons playing on the TV?

el-kabong.jpg

Last edited:

I imagine it's not hard at all - they didn't say the ukulele survived, after all. Trust me, if I whallop you in the temple with even my most fragile uke the uke may be destroyed but you're not going to be in a position to crow about it. :)

Considering the price difference, would it really sound that much better when beating someone with a solid wood uke as opposed to a laminate?

"Well, I've suffered for my music and now it's your turn." (Neil Innes) :p

Top Bottom