Tom Guy Tenor Cigar Box Uke

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
FOR SALE

I have a Bluegrass Ukes Tenor Cigar Box Uke that I never really used. It is pretty much in new condition. Made by Tom Guy.

Check it out on my website:

TOM GUY CIGAR BOX

I love my Tom Guy Cigarbox. The sound and playability will blow you away. I know it did me.

Good luck with the sale.

In general terms, how would the cigar box shape affect the tone of an instrument, compared to traditional figure-of-8?

Would it be like a pineapple uke, or something else altogether?

In general terms, how would the cigar box shape affect the tone of an instrument, compared to traditional figure-of-8?

Mate, I've had a Tom Guy cigar box last year, and the sound is very good, loud enough and with good definition in the chords. It is very different to a pineapple. The cigar box is very thin.

I love my Tom Guy Cigarbox. The sound and playability will blow you away. I know it did me.

Good luck with the sale.

Yes, indeed. Both sound and playability are excellent on this uke.

It is difficult to put into words what difference the shape makes. It does make a difference though. It is rather like tweaking the controls on a graphic equaliser or the shape control on a guitar amp. My impression is that you get more middle register with a box shape. However, the sound is really well balanced and clean.

Mate, I've had a Tom Guy cigar box last year, and the sound is very good, loud enough and with good definition in the chords. It is very different to a pineapple. The cigar box is very thin.

Yes, although redwood is not a traditional material for the back and sides of a uke, being so soft, it produces a mellow, yet loud and well-defined tone.

Top Bottom