PDA

View Full Version : FEDEX lost my National ukulele

gaspar
08-01-2012, 07:00 AM
Ok Im from Buenos Aires, Argentina so getting new ukes is not that easy for me. I bought a National Soprano Resonator and asked to ship to my friend in Miami, Fl.
Fedex delivered to the wrong adress, two blocks away from my friend,s and someone unknow signed for it.
That was 3 weeks ago but Im still trying to get my uke since I paid a lot of money for it. Fedex will try to retrieve the package and deliver to the right adress.
This are some pics of the uke including the serial number. In case you ever see this rare uke please let me know! I apreciate the help.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2pqjaee.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/291dw12.jpg

The serial number is 146

http://i50.tinypic.com/a1og0i.jpg

kimmylele
08-01-2012, 07:02 AM
I'm Sorry with you.. :-( Hope you'll find it soonest!! ;)

gaspar
08-01-2012, 09:05 AM
thank you kimmylele. Ill keep my fingers crossed

Trinimon
08-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Wow, that sucks royally! Sorry to hear that and hope it gets found or recovered.

hmgberg
08-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Sorry to hear about this, Gaspar. I hope Fedex rectifies the problem and you get your ukulele soon.

wickedwahine11
08-01-2012, 10:07 AM
That is horrible, I feel terrible for you. Hopefully it will all be straightened out for you and you will get your uke soon.

gaspar
08-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Thank you all for your kind comments.
It is really sad that the person who receive the uke did not give it back.

Hippie Dribble
08-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Yeah Gaspar, that is a nightmare for sure. Can't begin to imagine your frustration, anger and disappointment. Hope that the person who 'took' receipt of it has the honesty to admit it and that your uke will be found and sent to you. Looks like a lovely instrument too. Wishing you all the best with it mate.

Trinimon
08-01-2012, 11:43 AM
How could FedEx just wash their hands clean? After all they're the ones that dropped it off at the wrong address to begin with. Don't take "no" for an answer!! Give 'em heck.

mds725
08-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Sorry for your problem. I wonder if the person who signed for it could be prosecuted for theft for accepting delivery of something that he or she knew didn't belong to him/her and not giving it back. If the person who signed for it sdoesn't cooperate with Fedex, maybe your friend in Miami could persuade Fedex to file a police report with the Miami Police Department.

mm stan
08-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Oh man...that is so unfortunate and dishonest for the guy who when sign for it.......I hope he changes his mind, they should(the driver) must remember the house he delivered it at...it is
usually in his route...Good Luck....

Sven-Uke
08-01-2012, 08:06 PM
What a terrible situation. Good luck man! I hope it all turn out ok, and you can play that beauty soon.

coolkayaker1
08-02-2012, 01:42 AM
How could FedEx just wash their hands clean? After all they're the ones that dropped it off at the wrong address to begin with. Don't take "no" for an answer!! Give 'em heck.

Tru nuff, Buddha Trinimon. 50/50 fault FedEx/guy who signed for it. You or sender: zero.

mm stan
08-02-2012, 02:07 AM
The driver made a mistake, the signer was dishonest...big big difference...company is 100% responsable..

Pukulele Pete
08-02-2012, 02:14 AM
Like the guy said before the massage " I hope this has a happy ending " .

RichM
08-02-2012, 03:56 AM
The driver made a mistake, the signer was dishonest...big big difference...company is 100% responsable..

Agree, FedEx is completely on the hook for this one. So the OP will get his money back if the uke can't be retrieved, but it's pretty clear the OP doesn't want his money back, he wants his uke. Sending good thoughts... in most cases, misdelivered packages are recovered.

seeso
08-02-2012, 04:08 AM
Can't your friend just go to the house it was delivered to?

gaspar
08-02-2012, 04:19 AM
Thank you all for your comments!
Im waiting fot fedex to resolve the problem getting back the package.
I got the adress where it was delivered and also the name of the person who signed for it.
If fedex cant resolve this then I will tell my friend to go personally to try to get that uke.
I will update with goods news later (I HOPE!)

G Hill
08-02-2012, 05:09 AM
I hope it all turns out well for you.
Please tell us if you have any news.
Cheers
Gary

ralphk
08-02-2012, 05:15 AM
I had a problem with a UPS shipment. I insured the package. It was damaged enroute. UPS would not pay the person who received the package (damaged) but eventually they did pay me, and I had to forward the cash (from UPS) to the buyer. A lot of hassle, but their position was that I, as the shipper, made the insurance contract, and therefore, they would reimburse me, not the receiver. A lot of hassle.

coolkayaker1
08-04-2012, 06:22 AM
So, gaspar, did the neighbor cough it up?

Doc_J
08-04-2012, 10:58 AM
All delivery services misdeliver occasionally. I'm sure they will get it back or pay the insured amount. But I know that is small comfort when you are waiting.

RichM
08-04-2012, 11:06 AM
I had a problem with a UPS shipment. I insured the package. It was damaged enroute. UPS would not pay the person who received the package (damaged) but eventually they did pay me, and I had to forward the cash (from UPS) to the buyer. A lot of hassle, but their position was that I, as the shipper, made the insurance contract, and therefore, they would reimburse me, not the receiver. A lot of hassle.

That's absolutely correct; when you purchase insurance from UPS, you are entering into a contract with them. The recipient has no contract with them, and therefore, any settlements would be paid to the shipper. It sounds like UPS behaved exactly as they should have in this case and made good on a claim of damage.

Pearlex3
08-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Whatever happens, please do not let Fed Ex off the hook. One of their drivers lost a $200 package from Stewmac for me, and after he argued with us (at the time the tracker says it was delivered I was on the front porch), he finally said it "might have fallen off the truck" and to check ditches around my house.

Fed Ex never resolved it for me, and Stewmac ended up just sending me a whole new package via UPS. Because of that, I let it go, but obviously this is a different situation.

Asrafrate
08-05-2012, 09:32 PM
That is simply atrocious! So sorry this happened to you, and like everyone else has said, don't let FedEx off the hook!
Really hope this can get resolved :(

gaspar
08-06-2012, 03:54 AM
I got good news...maybe!
Last friday Fedex got back my package and is now scheduled to be delivered on wednesday at the right adress in Miami, Florida.
I dont know if the uke is inside the package or if its damaged so Im trying to keep my expectations down low on this.
Thank you for all the support! :)

luluwrites
08-06-2012, 03:57 AM
My fingers are crossed for you!

mm stan
08-06-2012, 04:35 AM
Woo hoo...wonder why it took them soo long?? and why it takes 5 days to deliver it back to you....maybe they gotta inspect it.... wonder if they opened the package and
played with it or damaged it....check it out good before signing anything...let us know good luck.....

hibiscus
08-06-2012, 06:01 AM
Hope it all turns out well~ how frustrating!

gaspar
08-17-2012, 05:54 AM
YESSSSSSS!!!! I GOT IT :) :) :)
FINALLY!
After almost 3 months of wait and a lot of hassles I got my national uke.
It is beatiful and sounds AWESOME. Im really happy right now.
Thank you so much for all of your concern and support! :cheers:

coolkayaker1
08-17-2012, 06:02 AM
YESSSSSSS!!!! I GOT IT :) :) :)
FINALLY!
After almost 3 months of wait and a lot of hassles I got my national uke.
It is beatiful and sounds AWESOME. Im really happy right now.
Thank you so much for all of your concern and support! :cheers:

Hooray! Please make a video of the look on the Fed Ex guy's face when he had to get it from the neighbor.

seeso
08-17-2012, 06:14 AM
Excellent news! Congrats, man. :shaka:

Trinimon
08-17-2012, 06:22 AM
LOL, finally! Congrats!

mm stan
08-17-2012, 06:32 AM
Congrats man...did your neighbor open the box and play your uke.....

kimmylele
08-17-2012, 06:38 AM
Hooray!!!!! Congrats

Newportlocal
08-17-2012, 06:58 AM
I had been following this story. I am very happy for you that it worked out.

vanflynn
08-17-2012, 07:16 AM
Very Glad it all worked out. Will FedEx reimburse you for the antacids you took while worrying?

I'd love to see some pics of the wayward traveler