FEDEX lost my National ukulele

gaspar

Reaction score
Ok Im from Buenos Aires, Argentina so getting new ukes is not that easy for me. I bought a National Soprano Resonator and asked to ship to my friend in Miami, Fl.
Fedex delivered to the wrong adress, two blocks away from my friend,s and someone unknow signed for it.
That was 3 weeks ago but Im still trying to get my uke since I paid a lot of money for it. Fedex will try to retrieve the package and deliver to the right adress.
This are some pics of the uke including the serial number. In case you ever see this rare uke please let me know! I apreciate the help.

2pqjaee.jpg

291dw12.jpg

The serial number is 146

a1og0i.jpg

Sorry to hear about this, Gaspar. I hope Fedex rectifies the problem and you get your ukulele soon.

That is horrible, I feel terrible for you. Hopefully it will all be straightened out for you and you will get your uke soon.

Thank you all for your kind comments.
It is really sad that the person who receive the uke did not give it back.

Yeah Gaspar, that is a nightmare for sure. Can't begin to imagine your frustration, anger and disappointment. Hope that the person who 'took' receipt of it has the honesty to admit it and that your uke will be found and sent to you. Looks like a lovely instrument too. Wishing you all the best with it mate.

How could FedEx just wash their hands clean? After all they're the ones that dropped it off at the wrong address to begin with. Don't take "no" for an answer!! Give 'em heck.

Sorry for your problem. I wonder if the person who signed for it could be prosecuted for theft for accepting delivery of something that he or she knew didn't belong to him/her and not giving it back. If the person who signed for it sdoesn't cooperate with Fedex, maybe your friend in Miami could persuade Fedex to file a police report with the Miami Police Department.

Oh man...that is so unfortunate and dishonest for the guy who when sign for it.......I hope he changes his mind, they should(the driver) must remember the house he delivered it at...it is
usually in his route...Good Luck....

Last edited:
What a terrible situation. Good luck man! I hope it all turn out ok, and you can play that beauty soon.

How could FedEx just wash their hands clean? After all they're the ones that dropped it off at the wrong address to begin with. Don't take "no" for an answer!! Give 'em heck.

Tru nuff, Buddha Trinimon. 50/50 fault FedEx/guy who signed for it. You or sender: zero.

Like the guy said before the massage " I hope this has a happy ending " .

The driver made a mistake, the signer was dishonest...big big difference...company is 100% responsable..

Agree, FedEx is completely on the hook for this one. So the OP will get his money back if the uke can't be retrieved, but it's pretty clear the OP doesn't want his money back, he wants his uke. Sending good thoughts... in most cases, misdelivered packages are recovered.

Thank you all for your comments!
Im waiting fot fedex to resolve the problem getting back the package.
I got the adress where it was delivered and also the name of the person who signed for it.
If fedex cant resolve this then I will tell my friend to go personally to try to get that uke.
I will update with goods news later (I HOPE!)

I hope it all turns out well for you.
Please tell us if you have any news.
Cheers
Gary

I had a problem with a UPS shipment. I insured the package. It was damaged enroute. UPS would not pay the person who received the package (damaged) but eventually they did pay me, and I had to forward the cash (from UPS) to the buyer. A lot of hassle, but their position was that I, as the shipper, made the insurance contract, and therefore, they would reimburse me, not the receiver. A lot of hassle.

Top Bottom